Internet Telephone and Pay TV providers

Closed Thread

Internet Telephone and Pay TV providers

Hi
    I wondered if anyone out there had any advice re which is the best company to go through for telephone, internet and cable or broadband TV provision.

I want a landline with good deals to the States, Australia and the Uk. Also a fast internet connection. And any advice about pay Tv packages and providers would be greatly appreciated.

There are so many companies offering so many different packages....

Thank Ms P

This question has already been answered many times in these forums.

International phone calls tend to be bought separately from the phone line. For UK, US and Aus the deals for traditional telephone quality are around HK$0.17-0.2 per minute, which is more or less free unless you are going to spend a huge time on the phone.

The simplest is combination is to get it all from PCCW: phoneline, IDD 0060, broadband (6MB) and broadband TV (on which you buy channels individually).

The only thing you would have to go to CableTV for is English Premier League soccer.

Or just use FREE VoIPBuster.com over Broadband for free calls to many countries. Unless you divi-up One Urine -- Oooops ONE Euro + 7% Swiss VAT, you can only talk for one minute - and then re-dial ad nauseum.

I've been "on" for hours to UK, France, Germany, and Canada, and yet to find anyone to talk to for free in Australia & USA - and there are many other completely free of charge "your computer to their telephone number" countries too. A Hi-Speed connection is required for VoIPBuster, but you can sometimes manage dial-up with Skype.com - just so long as you don't expect to use video4skype.com or vskype.com's webcam facilities. I've successfuly used v4skype+skype to USA & UK, and much less bandwidth used as audio only Skype to them.

It's a lot of hassle to save a tiny amount of money though isn't it?