Realtek HD Audio Manager

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Has anyone experience with this?

My new motherboard has this facility and I get no sound output.

Device manager says its ok, tried all combination of the Audio i/o tab even check to see is ac97 is interfering. Still no sound. Even on 2 channel mode.

Oh - none out of the front panel connections that run straight on the board and none when those are disconnected.

The answer is ???? Does this system require an amplifier ????

Update 1 -- Have low sound on the test ( found a mute in the mixer ) but the volumes are marked up full. Whats getting in the way ? Is my felling about an amp pertinent ?

Last edited by Boris; 03-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Bump............

The answer is ... it's a lemon, return it for a working one.

Try This

I think I have had this problem before. There is a tick box somewhere in the manager asking if you want the equipment to be detected as you connect it to the audio panel. Disable it and find out what happens.

The manager is detecting the speakers.

I am digging through the forums to see if the interface requires powered speakers. I have sound but low volume.

Disable the detection capability.

Click the wrench icon and tick the "Disable front panel jack detection"

Quote Originally Posted by cdtan99
    Click the wrench icon and tick the "Disable front panel jack detection"
    Which doesn't improve it. Neither does disconnecting the leads on the mobo.

I think I may have found the problem XP SP3 does not support HD Audio ( but does in SP1 and 2 through hotfix KB888111 ) - see this article http://www.dashken.net/index.php?/ar...ion-Audio.html

I have downloaded the file folder and when extacted goes into the temp download folder as a series of files. My question is , what folder should it be extracted into OR where should I move the files after extracted ?

There appears no SP3 hotfix on the MS download site, which would put it all in the right place with no effort.

On a fresh install of XP SP2 with only chipset and video drivers and SP3 RC1 installed the latest Realtek drivers appeared to install but did not show up in Device Manager after restarting. Ditto after reinstalling. Only way to get them to load was uninstall SP3 and install the Realtek drivers again. Then after reinstalling SP3 all was well.
    Replicated on two different installations.
    Windows SP3 and Realtek HD Audio - Windows

These Boris threads explain exactly why I cant be bothered with fancy hardware .. buy a dell and get it done with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast