Windows XP Login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Windows XP Login

My daughter is looking a little suspicious when I walk by and she is using the computer. From a father's view point I want to be sure that she is not doing the wrong thing by communicating with strangers. How can I sneak into her logged in user account without her knowing?

Spying on your children, what an excellent parental example.

This is not the way to be a concerned father.

So you can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    So you can't help.
    There is a software available called CIAcommander. With that you can reset the administrator password and then log in as administrator. But you can't login under her name without resetting her password.
    You could also boot with a WindowsPE disk and then read all files, but again that might possibly not be what you want.

Well.. assuming educating your daughter fails.

Look for parental monitoring software ... plenty available through download.com etc in the range of US$50-100.

Best option though would be to move the computer into the living room where there is plenty of foot traffic. But then that might encourage your daughter to sneak into Starbucks.

Perhaps you should try talking to her or just reminding her to be careful online and not give up personal details or other information.

There are many guidelines avilable to help you which don't involving hacking the password!

Assuming you can get administrator privileges on her computer, an invisible keylogger might be your answer. Might help you acquire her login password, then you can get into her account at a convenient time.

Concerned parents sometimes need to do whatever is necessary to protect their children from themselves. Not always an easy task. Hacking her password should be a 'last resort' option

I do have administrator permissions already - for ***'s sake I bought it! So does the key logger program run as a service?

>> for ***'s sake I bought it!

Now calm down for ***'s sake! The title is ... "XP Login" which would lead most people to believe you're trying to log into her account.

Jeez ....

I was just using a non-directed expression - no offence intended.

Yes ideally I want to login to her account without changing/resetting her password.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast