Information Technology Vendors in HK HP/Cisco etc

Information Technology Vendors in HK HP/Cisco etc

Hi there,

I've just moved here from the UK to take up an IT management position, it seems it takes an incredibly long time for my engineers to both get quotes and get hardware delivered. I understand things are different here, but was wondering if anyone had a good HP vendor that actually holds stock of their business laptops and DL servers and components. It seems that i'm ordering really outlandish stuff and it takes two weeks to arrive!

I dont suppose there is a business vendor with an online ordering system is there?

Or is that just the way it is?

Any feedback appreciated!

Cheers,

Jim

Professional hardware in HK is not as readily available as in the states or europe so you will have to make adjustments.

But ofcors depending on the size of your operations you can always contact enterprise units... I have worked with Dell and they seem to do a good job.

Dell ... they're bending over backwards and three other directions to take orders. Don't use online .. find an account rep. They can discount and beat competitive pricing (although they've yet to beat a quote from EBAY for a new server..)

If you think you have problems... take a look at this classic.

Joyeur: The Sun Doesnt Shine on Me

Not much has changed since then for the rest of us.

Last edited by shri; 02-04-2009 at 11:59 AM.

:-) love it. Thanks for the replies everyone, time to factor two weeks into my promises.

Cheers,
    Jim

Dell are a bunch of muppets, having waited over 2 months for one order and then still assembled incorrectly.

Everything else, i.e. serious enterprise equipment, import yourself from the US. Otherwise expect crazy long delays and 6x price.

Bottom line is everything has to be imported, nothing is kept in stock.

Talk about BAD timing .... just looked at one of our old 2650s .. "Missing CPU 1 ..... Missing CPU 2" ...its still ticking away. Figure its time to do some surgery.

I should ban people from discussing servers on this site.