Like Tree10Likes

internet service in sai kung

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by cokezero:
    can you watch BBC Knowledge, Discovery Turbo, Star Sports on a VPN?
    Why would anyone actively seek to watch discovery turbo? if I want to watch programmes 5 years out of date, repeated ad nauseum, with annoying promo ads every 5 minutes and subtitles I can't remove, I'd check myself into a rehab because clearly I would have lost the will to live.
    scrambler and MovingIn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Recently I had renewed my contract with PCCW, and while doing this on phone, I asked the guy as in the HBO/Discovery package there are HD channels too, so why don't they upgrade my service to HD, he told me you only have 6Megs, and for HD you need min 8Megs, so we can't do it,
    Dude which village you in, I'm in Mang Kung Uk and we have HD, I thought at least most of Clear Water Bay area would be the same

I am in pik uk, and there is no HD...

Oh Pik Uk, to me thats not clear water bay, your on the wrong side of the silverstrand roundabout, wanna be clearwater bay resident Haahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Oh Pik Uk, to me thats not clear water bay, your on the wrong side of the silverstrand roundabout, wanna be clearwater bay resident Haahaaa
    Don't say that, you're hurting my feelings, boooooo...

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Don't say that, you're hurting my feelings, boooooo...
    We're all in the same boat, under the mercy of PCCW, living in da jungle has its draw back.

sxc

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    yeh me too! on my 4th i think.

only good news cos of this was I recently found out my iphone hotspot uploads faster than the broadband => WTF???
    This is because of the nature of ADSL internet where the A = Asynchronous. This means that download is faster than upload. 3G/4G type broadband doesn't have this kind of restriction on uploads.

I received a letter from PCCW recently informing me that fiber will be available soon and what service I like to sign up to. There were a few options up to 1000M for about $500/m. It said that there will be also a connection fee, without mentioning the fee.

After calling them I was informed that it's $8000.

Not really honest for such a large company to hide that massive fee. I will stay with ADSL.

Signed for PCCW Eye service last Jan. 9 paid 8 months in advance and now almost 2 months already and no installation yet. Have been complaining every week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3