Like Tree10Likes

internet service in sai kung

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

internet service in sai kung

Hey all,
    I tried searching, and got nothing (so maybe this is a re-e-e-ealy dumb question). What's the state of internet access at village houses in/around Sai Kung? We've narrowed our housing search to that area, so I just want to avoid any surprises. TV is optional, but the internets are a gotta have.

Thanks,
    Tony

Well given there are many Geoexpat members who claim to live there ... and also live in even more remote areas around there (e.g. Carang) I guess internet is available!

I earned that one...

Perhaps more specifically -- what quality of connection? Broadband, not so broadband (my description of my current service in Ma On Shan, with a whopping 10 mbps), dial up, smoke signals?

Clear water bay - 6M broadband with PCCW.

I live in Kei Ling Ha San Wai (Sai Kung Village) At the moment the Max. is 8M.

honestly, don't know my connection speed... duh...but i do know that i can connect to the internet... a second duh....

sorry, don't expect much from me on a Sunday morning! (or any other time for that matter! LOL!)

Sai Kung is mostly covered by PCCW and the norm is 8Mbps

I'm surprised in a modern city like HKG the speeds are, relatively, so slow. I'm spoiled by US bandwidth. I can get 54mbps via my wireless router at my house in the US...

Oh well, I'll have plenty of things to do in Sai Kung other than surf teh 'nets.

Thumbs up

That 54mbps is only between your laptop and wireless modem. There is still the connection from the modem to PCCW.

A great test site is Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

hkp

The lappy to wireless router speed was what I meant to imply, poor paragraph structure aside.

"I can get 54mbps via my wireless router at my house in the US..."

No PCCW in the US. Modem is wired cable modem, wireless is trans/recv router. Line speed at my US house via cable modem is rated 100mbps, although I doubt it actually delivers that consistently.

Last edited by TS888; 13-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast