Sony Vaio UX 180P Battery

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jgl

Quote Originally Posted by cgbishop:
    Ey Bazan, the place you saw was the right one. It was Wings Technology Co, Ltd. Shop # 42. I had it fixed there. they i think just replaced the inner batteries with new ones... so far it's still working for me. hope this helps.
    Hey, thanks for posting up your experience. I've been wondering about those battery repair places.

Do you know how many cells they replaced? I'm trying to estimate their manpower charge vs their materials cost for battery work.

interesting enough, i left the batteries for them to repair its been 4 days now and the last inquiry of the status they told me they have some problem wih the ic circuit and may or may not be able to repair . they also quote me 280hkd ... a bit more expensive. hopefully they can get it fix which is still a better price than buying replacement

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Hey, thanks for posting up your experience. I've been wondering about those battery repair places.

Do you know how many cells they replaced? I'm trying to estimate their manpower charge vs their materials cost for battery work.
    @jgl.. no idea how many cells they replaced. but my battery seems to last at least half ha day.. than the old one which lasts only one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by bazan:
    interesting enough, i left the batteries for them to repair its been 4 days now and the last inquiry of the status they told me they have some problem wih the ic circuit and may or may not be able to repair . they also quote me 280hkd ... a bit more expensive. hopefully they can get it fix which is still a better price than buying replacement
    actually, i've been looking for replacements (not originals) for my sony ux battery but couldn't find one, I don't want to buy the originals since it's more than 1k hkd (too expensive for a small computer i use just for surfing at home), so replacing the inner battery was enough for me. and yes i think i paid around 200+.

oh thought you mentioned 180$ in one of your posts. well they still have my battery, it is now in the shop for 4 days and they are still "trying" to fix it. Thanks alot for all the info.

no prob... yup somewhere that range.. maybe you could haggle it to at least 200$ range.

they call me back today and told me that it can't be fixed. something to do with the ic not resetting... what a disappointment ... anyone know of other places or alternatives?

sorry to hear about that.. good luck in looking for replacement bazan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3