Plasma TV - where to buy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Or try China Club. There's a few around HK, and one in Central down the alleyway between the McDonalds and Fortress.

Not sure if this thread is still current but..

I have just bought a Hitachi 42PD7800TA from Broadway.
    Not ususally the best place to buy AV stuff in my opinion but the sales guy gave us a lot of time over several visits, allowed me to play with the different sets, and we ended up with a fairly good deal.

Sand - that is actually the particular model I am after... are you happy with it? Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for it? Apart from the stand and the speakers, did the shop give you anything else with it?

Many thanks
    Dan

Hitachi 32" Plasma TV HKD16,999 (orig price 26,000).
    For details check out www.ctimall.com
    (I just received brochure from them the other day.) The prices are quite interesting. Plus they deliver.

Try the electronics/computer floors of Windsor House, CWB

Why Plasma?? Go for LCD.
    I recently bought a few Syntax Olevia Tellies. The prices are great and the quality is fantastic. Check out the reviews on Amazon.
    Their URL is
    http://www.syntaxgroups.com

or their HK dealer is
    http://www.schot.com

If you are in the market for any AV gear Mongkok prices are the lowest and the worst deals are in CWB.

Hi mcdaddydan,

Yes we are very happy with it. Paid 23000, recieved stand, wall mount, high quality leads, sports bag and cleaning cloth. You can get slightly cheaper but only 1000 or so from other retailers.
    We chose Broadway because we have had guarantee issues with smaller retailers in the past.

I also bought a MAG DVD recorder at the same time and got a good discount on it.

We took a long time to decide which model and I was pleasently surprised by the service we received at Broadway (APM Branch).

EDIT: HK$230000 is for interest free credit over 2 years. Cash price is cheaper. However, we used credit card with a 5% rebate offer.

Hi Sand

Glad to hear you're happy with it. The reviews all seem to speak highly of it and the price is within my budget so I'm probably going to go for it as well.

Just a couple of other questions:

1. How many years warranty did you get and did you manage to get an international warranty?

2. Which one is the "APM Branch"?

3. Sorry for the ignorance but what do you mean by the "credit card with a 5% rebate offer"?

Many thanks
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaddydan:
    Glad to hear you're happy with it. The reviews all seem to speak highly of it and the price is within my budget so I'm probably going to go for it as well. Dan
    We took a long time to decide and compared many TVs. I also read many reviews.
    In the end we narrowed it down to the Hitachi and the Philips 42PF9976.
    I feel the Hitachi has a better quality picture and a wider contrast range (far more detail in the grey/black).

Just a couple of other questions:

1. How many years warranty did you get and did you manage to get an international warranty?Dan
    2 years parts and labour. 3 years labour.
    I think it is HK only. I need to check.

2. Which one is the "APM Branch"?Dan
    The APM shopping centre in Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong Road.
    Next door to the mtr.

3. Sorry for the ignorance but what do you mean by the "credit card with a 5% rebate offer"? Dan
    Broadway have an offer with Standard Chartered Bank. If you use their credit card you get 5% cash back. The only catch is that they give the cash back against payments made rather than the lump sum. So I get the rebate in small installments.

I forgot to include in my last post: We also got 35 channels of nowTV free for 9 months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast