HK censoring our internet surfing ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HK censoring our internet surfing ?

Hi everybody !

I'm in HKG using i-cable for the internet and noticed that for the past 3 days I can not connect to any blogs hosted by blogspot (the main address www.blogger.com is still accessible, but any blog hosted as http://***.blogspot.com won't load).

I first thought it was a server problem concerning blogspot, but my friends abroad told me they can access it without problems, and I just used a proxy server to connect to blogspot and didn't have any problems either... I'm using Windows explorer and firefox with all the latest upgrades so I think the problems comes from my internet provider (HKG i-cable)...

It kinds of remind me of mainland China (I lived there for a year) and their internet censorship... Does anyone have some intel about it ? Is HKG starting to censor our web surfing ? (that would really suck...)

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help me out...

The Monkey

I can see blogs under that domain without problems using Netvigator.

Me too - and I am using NOW Broadband (& Netvigator)

Must be a temporary glitch.

I'd *really* not worry about Hong Kong isp's censoring ..

I'll wait few more days and if still having problems, I'll contact i-cable support services.

Thanks!

The Monkey

You might want to contact the blog host. I know for a fact that many of them will ban full IP ranges if the blog spam activity goes up.. due to an open proxy on your ISP.

"I'll contact i-cable support services."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my god, I'm still laughing at that one. Good luck!

what's sooooo funny?!!

this one has got serious issues !!

..and i'm not referring to the "surfing the net" issue

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    "I'll contact i-cable support services."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my god, I'm still laughing at that one. Good luck!
    Yeah, last time I had issues with their TV cable service, it took ages to solve the problem and the help of a cantonese speaking friend...

Angie, I think the reference is to i-cable being able to provide support....

Be glad you've not had to deal with them and experience their incompetance on a first hand basis.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast