Like Tree2Likes

hong kong based VPN services

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Here's a very quick review on 12vpn:

Rambling thoughts about nothing really: 12vpn - quick review

You may want to contact the guy who runs the service though, he's been very approachable when I've had questions.

you're is based in hong kong ... a different story i guess. but thanks for the link ( which i had to vpn to read ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFitz:
    you're is based in hong kong ... a different story i guess. but thanks for the link ( which i had to vpn to read ;-)
    Are you in China?

This 12vpn dude is based in China as well and he's optimised his service for China.

sorry, I'm not trying to plug the service, but suspect its what you are looking for.

Irony that blogger is blocked in China (well not really).

just to update
    12vpn has the goods .

been testing them for hours now and its a single consistent speed with no dropouts

I would strongly advise u to download freegate or ultrasurf, thats what Chinese dissendents use, so u know they are good! Hotspot shield is also widely used in China, but it can load ur computer up with adware, u can also download a program called xb browser, but its pretty slow. But always keep something as ur backup, because even the best ones become useless after awhile and normally the gov blocks sites where u can download the upgrades.

Hope that helps, it can be furstrating living behind the great firewall

Last edited by deskhound; 12-09-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFitz:
    Just signed up for 12VPN and it works well... also had your Twitter recommendation posted

Can you use the account on more than one computer? As the subscription is based on data usage I'd hope you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Just signed up for 12VPN and it works well... also had your Twitter recommendation posted

Can you use the account on more than one computer? As the subscription is based on data usage I'd hope you can.
    Hmmm was working well...

Anyone had problems with the service dropping out?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Hmmm was working well...

Anyone had problems with the service dropping out?
    Used it last night to watch hulu and it worked fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Used it last night to watch hulu and it worked fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks, in this case the problem lay between the keyboard and the chair..... wrong password Doh!

Hi

A bit late coming to this discussion! I am looking for a good vpn that gives me a HK IP address (rules out 12vpn) and works well in China. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tks in advance.