Corporate internet which one do you use, and are you happy?

Corporate internet which one do you use, and are you happy?

Well since we are about to move in to our new office, i have been looking around for a suitable ISP.

I read some threads here, but most seems outdated or don't cover the info im looking for.

Basically i need a good ISP that offers static IP's or one or more dedicated IP's at a reasonable price...Yeah i know reasonable doesn't exist in HK as far as ISP goes but still.
    Speeds from 2mb+ up and down.

So far i looked at HKNET, PACNET, Pacific One net, Nevigator, HKBN, and many more.
    But what i cant find is a decent and up to date review of them.

So my questions are basically does your ISP support my request, are you happy with the service, what didn't you like etc and of course how much are you paying for the service.

Any help is most welcome.
    /J

Netvigator Business. Works perfectly, nice and fast too.

FYI: You have three different classes of connection, PPPoE over xDSL which has minor latency and bandwidth overhead due to the tunneling, direct SDSL, and full Internet connectivity. The classes are priced at increasing tiers, you only need the full connection for implementing proper redundancy (requires second connection to another ISP) and it might help VoIP call quality due to preferential QoS over the others at the ISP.

We've got a VDSL 10/10 from HGC and a 4/4 from Dixyian. Both pretty good, although the Dixiyian is too expensive and generally not worth the $s.

Would recommend HGC if you want to look at decent performance and price.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Netvigator Business. Works perfectly, nice and fast too.
    it does if you don't have any serious requirements from them

I just saw a company that was with PCCW and due to PCCW policies, lack of response, crap on site routers, they have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. I placed a fast track order move them to Diyixian and they are sorted in hours and in total control of their network. Paying 30% extra is worth it.

Shri, cut the diyixian circuit off then and lets see how your up times and revenue do. See if it is worth paying the premium. Move this site to your HGC circuit and let us judge.
    Last edited by hk.com; 30-06-2009 at 04:17 PM.

hk.com - we're running on the hgc circuit (dyx is load balanced and either will take over if one fails). No problems for the last four or five months since we got the problem in the terminal room was fixed.

Very little difference in ping times / uptimes / packet loss ... all pretty much statistically insignificant.

In fact we'll be adding one more 10/10 HGC circuit as soon as the DYX subscription expires.

And since you asked... my HGC guy keeps in touch via email every couple of months, even got me a free iphone through 3... the guy from Dyxnet cant be bothered to follow up since the circuit was installed.

There you go ... you HAD to ask so I HAD to reply. I really don't see why you get your knickers in a twist about DYX. Like I said .. nothing special in my opinion. You're free to voice your opinion about them.

Last edited by shri; 30-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Hey relax.

Shri, how much are you forking out each month for that connection?
    And how many IP's do you get?