Broadband Internet and rugby - any advice?

Closed Thread

Broadband Internet and rugby - any advice?

Hi all,

My family arrives in Hong Kong from Australia tomorrow. Looking for advice on a good ISP for home use. Any ideas? Also a big rugby union fan - which carrier shows Super 12 / Tri Nations?

Cheers,

Woolfman

I use 'Now broadband', which uses netvigator for internet connection (combined internet & cable t.v). It's very fast and reliable. The rugby is on tv, but i can't remember if its on pay tv or free to air...either way you'll have the option to see it. There are also bars that play games.

I walked into PCCW ( the equivalent of Telecom or Telstra) and in a heartbeat they had me all signed up for phone, broadband pay tv and broadband internet and cam and installed it all by the end of the week. (Make sure you actually have a tv and phone and a 4 or 5 plug adapter set when they come because there are lots of things to be plugged in) They have different deals going all the time so don't know what is on offer now but Now Broadband is who you need to be with for the sport - they have ESPN, ESPN PLUS, and all the STAR SPORTS Channels which seem to take their coverage from NZ or Australia rather than the aweful SA feed we got in a bar the other day with advertising all over it and around the edges throughout the game. For me those sports channels cost HK$48 per month but you had to sign up for 18months and get a pile of other stuff too to qualify.

Please note that Tri-Nations Rugby is only available on StarSports, for which Now Broadband (PCCW) is now the only carrier. It also shows Six Nations and Super12 - occassionally you're also going to find a rugby match on free TV (ABC Asia Pacific) but they mostly show Aussie rules football.

You can access them on the web at
    http://www.netvigator.com/

One more thing, ESPN and StarSports programming for the upcoming 2 weeks can be accessed at http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

Looks like Now Broadband is the one for me and mine. Thanks for your input.