user-friendly web hosting service provider

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

user-friendly web hosting service provider

Can someone recommend a web hosting service provider in HK? must be English speaking and better be plain English speaking as well! I am not in the IT business just a user but with some experience of running online communities... just wanted to build a personal website this time!

I am only looking for webhosting services, no web site development or other extras.

cheers

yes, yes, i know, but i was rather looking for personal recommendations if someone has had a similar need and could share experience...

Personal recommendation? Don't bother with the clowns in Hong Kong.

Get yourself an account at a provider like 1&1 and set the thingy up yourself.

I know the folks over at 1&1 and they do a pretty damn good job for the amount of money they collect.

.hk names

thanks KIA - but I want .hk domain name extension and through my search it is not offered by 'international' hosting/name registration providers.

(I checked 1&1 for name options and .hk is not offered)

I found www.hosting.com.hk through google which looks more friendly than anyone in the Resource Directory - and they provide .hk names. Know anything good or bad about them?

You can register the domain seperately on hkdnr.hk and then point the DNS to anyone you want.

cheers

fantastic!! have just registered my .hk name - as always KIA your advice is much appreciated

I can also only recommend 1&1. Especially their VIP hosting - Schlund.

Hi there

Notice 1&1 says its services are only available to US and canada residents. Do you guys just enter a false address?

esque : not true .... I have several domains with them (UK and US) under my Hong Kong address

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast