Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Myrona

How to speak to a living human when calling PCCW/NowTV Customer Service

Closed Thread

How to speak to a living human when calling PCCW/NowTV Customer Service

I wrote this in another thread but I thought I might just make a separate one just for the specific purpose of letting others know (if it's not already apparent)...

Here's how to get onto customer service quickly:

Ring 1833833, press 1, put in account number or hk id card, 1 to confirm, then 440 which will get you to a living human.

Enjoy.

P.S. Sorry for the repeat post.

Last edited by Myrona; 06-07-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    HKNewBi and elle like this.

Cool. Follow this, took me only 15 secs. SAVING time !! and grievance...

wow. That advice is damn near priceless.

BTW - how did you know it was a human and not one of the brainless drones you usually queue for 30+ mins to talk to.

The people in the stores are not necessarily brainless, it's just that they have no power to do anything. The PCCW support model is heavily centralised, there is little use even going to a store (unless you're a new customer)

I was talking about the clowns on the phones, not the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    I wrote this in another thread but I thought I might just make a separate one just for the specific purpose of letting others know (if it's not already apparent)...

Here's how to get onto customer service quickly:

Ring 1833833, press 1, put in account number or hk id card, 1 to confirm, then 440 which will get you to a living human.

Enjoy.

P.S. Sorry for the repeat post.
    This sequence didn't work today. It worked well 2 days ago. dunno why. but the clowns had replaced my broken NOW TV box with a even broken one. they are jokes. It costs them more to service a client with refurbished products. now they have to come back another time. this time, i will want him to stay longer to watch a movie with me and it doesn't boot itself in 8 minutes interval, then i can let him go.

Sigh. Rogers TV is not bad afterall... I used to complain the hell out of them...

<sigh>

think a lot of people who like premier league football are trying their best to cancel their nowtv since the rights moved to icable. Dont know if that's affecting their customer service in any way?
    Posted via Mobile Device

You mean customer service is improving??? It would not be possible to make it any worse.

My experience with pccw has been a mixture of good and bad:

Connection was great etc (got it up and running last night) but then this morning it wouldnt let me log it. Thats when i realised i never asked for help desk contact numbers etc.

Anyhow - went to a pccw store and they told me to ring the OP's number and it really was pretty good - spoke to someone within 5 min. He told me the PW to my account was the first 5 digits of my ID card whereas the guy who set it up for me just toldme it was my ID card number and that was it!

Fingers crossed when i get home tonight i can get it working - itching to play SC2!!!!