Tech question - pccw vdsl2 modem + some rant on NOWTV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The printed key on the modem/router label is only WEP and is the default security level when the PCCW techs set up Wifi, best to switch to WPA yourself.

We got a new network connection in Mongkok, some 2+ year old Linksys WRT54GS and even bigger modem. A random SSID and no login details. The SSID and password as written down are wrong and no idea about the wireless settings, whether WEP, WPA, or WPA2. Pretty useless really, but I'm assuming it's quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27:
    The problem was solved very easily. I emailed customer support, and the password and user name to their routers are:
    user
    user

And port forwarding is an available option once your in the admin pages.

Easy peesy!
    Not sure what PCCW broadband service you have, but I've tried it on 2 different PCCW business broadband and that user/password does not work as I expected.

I recalll watching the engineer typing something that looked like serious password.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    Not sure what PCCW broadband service you have, but I've tried it on 2 different PCCW business broadband and that user/password does not work as I expected.

I recalll watching the engineer typing something that looked like serious password.
    Correct, I believe the user/user log-in only works for the PCCW consumer modem-router boxes.

>> I recalll watching the engineer typing something that looked like serious password.

Perhaps, in this case, they remotely reset the password / user to "user/user"??

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> I recalll watching the engineer typing something that looked like serious password.

Perhaps, in this case, they remotely reset the password / user to "user/user"??
    Interesting point about the remote configuration - not sure whether the boxes allow for it (they probably do) or whether it can be switched off using the user/user login. Probably a good idea to switch it off (if possible) - would not really like PCCW to be able to change my settings or, realizing that the login is out, to change the user ID/password and lock me out of the router.

I finally managed to get the proper login/password for my netvigator account.
    With it i managed to connect to the internet with my own modem/router, a Dynalink 1025W.

I confirm some setups i found on the web, which are for me:
    PPPoE
    VPI = 1
    VCI = 32
    LLC/SNAP
    I left the other settings with the default.

Once my router is UP i still have some problems:
    - port forwarding is not working, as this router has always work before, i suspect that the requests never reach my router and the problem comes from PCCW
    - Now TV does not work with my router

I really start to think this is a lost cause. I emailed PCCW about issues with port forwarding but they do not support it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3