Logitech G7 mouses - anywhere?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Logitech G7 mouses - anywhere?

This is a real long shot, but has anyone noticed Logitech G7 wireless mouses for sale anywhere in Hong Kong? I've tried all of the large computer centres. These things have been end of life in Asia for some time, but they're still available in the US market.

Normally i suggest "try all the computer centres" but since you have done that.... online? ebay? I love my Logitech G5 which i bought about 2 years ago. I bought 3 of them - now I am up to #3 and sadly can't find any others avaliable.

i am not quite sure whether this shop had the logitech g7 but i remember they had the razer gaming mouse. might be worth a trip to.
    can't remember the name but it is in star city bazaar 2/F. when you come down the escalator from 3/F, turn right and it's the first shop on the left side - it has loads of video games in the window.
    or maybe you've visited this one as well...

[pedant]I'm sorry, but I can't help pointing out that "mouses" is not a valid word.[/pedant]

You can buy from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-931375-0403-Laser-Cordless-Mouse/dp/B000AY5Y5W/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248699364&s r=8-40"]Amazon.com: Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Q6YQAJGQL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Q6YQAJGQL[/ame] for $69.94 + shipping and have it in a few days.

[Edit: Aiya! Just seen that "currently this item can only be shipped with the US". Why FFS? So you'd need some sort of mail forwarding arrangement.

Amazon UK [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G7-Laser-Cordless-Mouse/dp/B000ETTH88/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1248699244&sr=8-39"]Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse - Mouse - laser: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xpW1Eds9L.@@AMEPARAM@@41xpW1Eds9L[/ame] for £69.95+shipping apparently without any such restriction.]

@jamesii,

What do you do to your mice? My basic mouse (a Dell one on a wire) is about 8 years old and still going strong...

(And, by the way, Logitech mice seem to come with a 3 year warranty, so couldn't you claim under that?)

Last edited by PDLM; 27-07-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Pete, the Razors are pretty easy to find but I had forgotten the small centre in Star City. I'll check in there the next time I'm in TST, but I am concluding that the G7 just isn't available outside of North America now.

PDLM, "mouses" is a reasonably common word amongst IT professionals. I would have assumed that you were familiar with this usage. It's a bit old school, but then again so is using "datum" as the singular form of "data".

Last edited by jgl; 27-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    PDLM, "mouses" is a reasonably common word amongst IT professionals. I would have assumed that you were familiar with this usage. It's a bit old school, but then again so is using "datum" as the singular form of "data".
    Not where I come from (and I am fairly "old school"). Datum is absolutely correct as the singular form of data, but mice is the only correct plural of mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Not where I come from (and I am fairly "old school"). Datum is absolutely correct as the singular form of data, but mice is the only correct plural of mouse.
    The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary lists mouses as a plural when mouse means:

(b) Computing a small hand-held device moved over a flat surface to produce a corresponding movement of a cursor or arrow on a VDU, usu. having fingertip controls for selecting a function or entering a command.

Hmm. Indeed. Well if you will listen to those people at the Other Place then what do you expect?

[pedant]I'm sorry, but I can't help pointing out that "mouses" is not a valid word.[/pedant]

You can buy from Amazon for $69.94 + shipping and have it in a few days.

[Edit: Aiya! Just seen that "currently this item can only be shipped with the US". Why FFS? So you'd need some sort of mail forwarding arrangement.

Amazon UK has one for £69.95+shipping apparently without any such restriction.]
    Thanks for that. It appears that Amazon US sales for non-book items often come through other companies which either can't be bothered to ship overseas or don't have distribution rights for other parts of the world. I'm not sure why the UK site seems to be able to be more flexible, but as you've identified, it's also considerably more expensive.

Seeing as the G7 is known for reliablility problems, I'm looking for the cheapest way to get it as I could well end up with a lemon regardless of source.

@jamesii,

What do you do to your mice? My basic mouse (a Dell one on a wire) is about 8 years old and still going strong...

(And, by the way, Logitech mice seem to come with a 3 year warranty, so couldn't you claim under that?)
    I throw away all documentation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast