lowest price boradband, landline and efax provider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lowest price boradband, landline and efax provider

hi,

im setting up a small office in an industrial area. i need to get the internet broadband, landline telephone and e-fax. i have check with a few service providers and got a price quote of HKD 600 +. i can get a low offer if im using it in a residential building, but i set up an office in an industrial building, so the charges are high. can some suggest me a service provider who can offer a cheapest price? thanks

As I am using Smartone home broadband, I only know that they offer $138 for home broadband + fixed line. I have once asked, this offer is also available for commerical use, but the price is slightly higher, I think is around 200$ something, maybe you can visit their shop and check.
    By the way, where is your new office? Think its a good idea to use Smartone if your office stay within their network.

i got my office in kwuntong. i will check with them. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lngtmm84:
    There is an extra adaptor you need to purchase from Smartone for e-fax, forgot the price how much was it, but do check with them.
    Why would you need hardware for an e-fax service?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Why would you need hardware for an e-fax service?
    Because the normal Smartone data service goes over the 3G data channel, but a fax needs to go out over the voice channel and needs a modem to be able to talk to the fax machine on the other end.

(I think by efax the OP means the ability to send documents on his PC directly as faxes to traditional fax machines; you may have interpreted it to mean the provision of a "virtual fax machine" on some remote server (in which case that remote server is the place that is going to need the hardware to talk to traditional fax machines).)

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Because the normal Smartone data service goes over the 3G data channel, but a fax needs to go out over the voice channel and needs a modem to be able to talk to the fax machine on the other end.
    All the posts have been about subterranean communications not wireless?

Smartone now offer DSL packages, we got a flyer in the office.

I think by efax the OP means the ability to send documents on his PC directly as faxes to traditional fax machines;
    Which you can do with almost any modem of the last 10 years, no "efax" providing required.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 03-08-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Same, same. If it goes down DSL then you'll still need a modem to put the analogue fax signals down the underlying voice circuit.

Same, same. If it goes down DSL then you'll still need a modem to put the analogue fax signals down the underlying voice circuit.
    But then it wouldn't be an efax it would just be a fax

No - a fax has a scanner for hard copy.

No - a fax has a scanner for hard copy.
    No, you're just an old fart

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast