Yahoo is asking for account information!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yahoo is asking for account information!

I am trying to log in into my yahoo account, bit cannot. Its asking for account information (other email id, and 2 secret qs.) to recover password in case I forget it. I am not sure if its authentic and I wont loose my account. This has been going on for sometime now, but earlier if I tried after 5 min, I could log in, but not today. Any one had same problem? is it safe.

Just for info, the link is :

https://edit.yahoo.com/recovery/upda...0&sig=79074735

Any info/help appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    I am trying to log in into my yahoo account, bit cannot. Its asking for account information (other email id, and 2 secret qs.) to recover password in case I forget it. I am not sure if its authentic and I wont loose my account. This has been going on for sometime now, but earlier if I tried after 5 min, I could log in, but not today. Any one had same problem? is it safe.

Just for info, the link is :

https://edit.yahoo.com/recovery/upda...0&sig=79074735

Any info/help appreciated. Thank you.
    not had a problem getting into yahoo.

that link is useless for others, i.e. when i click on it it would just link directly into my yahoo account.

have you tried logging onto yahoo using another browser?

btw the link looks legit.

When I clicked on that link just now my Firefox reports a "Reported Web Forgery!". It could be wrongly detecting that but its best to stay away. Try to login from a different computer.

I had the same thing happen everytime for almost a mint, but only on one of my accts. It has stopped now though....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    I had the same thing happen everytime for almost a mint, but only on one of my accts. It has stopped now though....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Its happening with both my accounts with yahoo actually. I am really annoyed at this.

could login using IE but cannot on firefox.

forgot to say, it happened with 3 different laptops and a pc... from two different IP addresses...so dont' know if it is real or not.

ok, not its happening in IE also, cannot login into yahoo. Has anyone done it before, giving info that is, and had no problems later logging in?

i must admit that i got so damned tired of it happening that i just finally gave in and did it... no problems later, except that i had to do it a couple of times before it stopped appearing. i have 4 different email accounts with yahoo, and i only got the message for one of them...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast