Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cestmoijsl

Cancel i-Cable contract

Closed Thread

Cancel i-Cable contract

I'm about 8 months into my 24 months i-Cable contract and want to cancel it early. Does anybody know what the penalty charge is and how to cancel? I don't mind paying the penalty but I just don't want to see any surprise charges on my card.

Thanks,
    Ameey

If I recall correctly you are committed to pay for 24 months, so the "penalty" is to pay for the remaining 16 months or so.

I don't think they will make you pay for the full remainder of your contract.

Usually there is a penalty fee if you break the contract & you will be liable for the prorated amount....2/3 in your case.

I'd look on the contract form that you would have signed when the service was installed as that should deatail the penalty charge.

hkp

Thumbs down I-Cables Leading Fuked up Customer Services :eek:

In fact they will force you to pay the outstanding amount, and on top of that, through a collection Agent who demands an additional 25% if not paid.
    If you let the payment lapse more than 2 Months they will Auto Cancel, and send a collector, if you dont pay the whole amount, it will be escalated, and they will not accept a monthly payment so if you decide to keep it, you will not be reconnected until you pay the whole outstanding amount.
    Additionally, they send a bill to the I-Cable email account that most people will not understand how to access, and if you dont speak Chinese, you may get a number of Calls from I-Cable staff who on hearing you speak English will Hang Up.
    These Mothers and fuking crazy, they dont care about customer services you making some agreement or arrangement with there customers, Typical of many Hong Kong companies, they do not know what is quality customer services, nore do they have the ability or flexibility to make arrangements with customer, or come to a mutual agreement, they will just protect their own jobs buy following strict policy and rules, and then escalate to the next level for someone to make a decision, and hence to a collection Agency.
    My recommendation is that Due to customer services and Anti-Foreigner mentality of the company, content and staff, we should boycott i-Cable, and let their Money grabbing mindset rot with their company, Aditionally, if you are using their Internet services, then don't bother, it is unstable, and unreliable for internalization connections, this is due to the thin international pipe they have, just to prove my point, if you have an icable internet, put a command prompt command, ping google.com /t and see how often it drops.

Sorry I need to post this, but I am getting pissed on how they treat me, and how they want to push us all around, This mindset the Locals have to make contracts is crazy, they force you to take a contract, your contract is with a financial institution, and they company gets the whole amount of money up front, if they stop service, you still need to legally pay the monthly fee, even if there is no service. if you don't believe me, try reading the small print on you California Gym contract........

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Pom:
    I don't think they will make you pay for the full remainder of your contract.

Usually there is a penalty fee if you break the contract & you will be liable for the prorated amount....2/3 in your case.

I'd look on the contract form that you would have signed when the service was installed as that should deatail the penalty charge.

hkp

Anti-Foreigner mentality of the company<<

Another company with the same mentality is HKBN.

Icable Nightmares

I've had a massive amount of trouble in the past with Icable. I'm trying not to remember as I have moved on!
    They make it very difficult to cancel a contract, even if you have a valid reason. They will let you cancel but then you have to pay the remaining months...Thanks alot!
    I am sure they have a policy to make it as difficult as possible. They even make you pay by standing order that cannot be cancelled except by them! Including pretending they don't speak English and saying someone will call you back, who doesn't.

They even make you pay by standing order that cannot be cancelled except by them!

If you finally cancel you also HAVE to return to the box and remote or they will charge you. (and blacklist you!)
    I finally managed to cancel at the end of a contract but even that was hard!
    Unfortunately, we had no option but to sign up to a new contract for The Premiership. They kind of have you over a barrel.

Let's hope the coverage is good for the football.
    I have to admit the picture quality for the world cup seemed very good so I'm trying to be optimistic!

i-Cable hopeless

I don't think they are anti gweilo - just poorly paid and all round poor company. I tried to phone last night and hung-on for 35 minutes until my phone died - listening to cantonese theough I pressed "2" for English. This seems to be a problem for them. When I was trying to check my account could get the Premier League I phoned every day for 2 weeks and when I did get through (pressing "2" for English) I got put through to someone who clearly didn't. And even if they spoke a little they would put you on hold until you dropped for an English speaking agent. I was only really contacted after I mentioned it to one of the football presenters I know by chance. He got someone to call.
    I even tried the web-site - but is in cantonese

If anything the systems they have are shit (the TV system is poor) but the management are to blame - they are clearly clueless.

The best was the guy that installed the box over a year ago. He made a mess on the floor and then couldn't find any batteries for my "new" box and remote (I wondered if they were new) so he took the batteries from my Now TV remote and declared everything was now working! What about Now I asked him, looking at a remote with no batteries. Ah he replied "no fix Now"

Had to laugh - is a comic company so try to keep ahead of the game with them

Sorry, no different to cancelling a contract elsewhere in the western world anyway.

Before i came to HK i had to cancel my telephone and internet in Australia. I only had 2-3 months left thank god which had to paid out and then I had to return the phone & box (it was wireless) otherwise a $250 charge would be placed.

If you don't pay bills in any western country they send in the debt collectors and that is usually another 25% on top.

Icable termination

Hope this could help everyone who is struggling with customer service to terminate icable contract. I joined 2 year contract through the street promo stall and just terminated it after 10month because I am leaving HK. Custome service wasnt helpful and told me I have to pay lump sum of monthly charge till the end of my contract period to terminate. I luckily had a phone number of the sales guy who sold me this plan and called him to explain the situation and was able to terminate by paying HKD 300 only.

A guy came to my place with termination form and even picked up the modem(customer service told me I should return it myself to their center). My advice is to keep the sales person's contact. My termination form says the type RELO B and it only has termination fee 300 applicable

Last edited by cestmoijsl; 02-04-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Add info
    chuckster007 likes this.