BlackBerries in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Calorus:
    Looking at their site, they offer a standalone PUSH package...
    three.com.hk 3G 香港

But at any rate, I've never had trouble moving upwards or sideways in terms of contract (i.e. as long as I'm spending the same or more)
    Ah, but that is through Exchange, which is different from Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    You also can't use the BB browser (this can be enabled using a work around though, but its not something that is done out of the box), BB IM and some other functions without a BB data plan NOT just the push email.
    Yeah, we had the same thing when running Pearls, though arguably on a Business contract but the entire Blackberry related charge was neatly bundled into one option on top of the standard package.

Ah, but that is through Exchange, which is different from Blackberry.
    Yeah, for sure, but the most important part is available. As I said, I doubt they'd be unhappy or gawk at the opportuninty to upgrade the OP if it means more per month or the same and a happier customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Calorus:
    Yeah, for sure, but the most important part is available. As I said, I doubt they'd be unhappy or gawk at the opportuninty to upgrade the OP if it means more per month or the same and a happier customer.
    Sorry, should have clarified. You were saying that you can easily upgrade to just push email and use that with blackberry, however this push email service is for exchange, and won't work with a blackberry. blackberry have their own push email service, which is separate from exchange.

However, you are probably correct in that Three, especially if you are paying a high price anyway, won't mind you moving up or sideways in terms of contract amount.

But saying that, that is not always the case. Like many things in HK, HK companies are not always as flexible as you think. To them, once you have signed a 24 month contract, they will not let you vary it under any circumstances.

Sorry, should have clarified. You were saying that you can easily upgrade to just push email and use that with blackberry, however this push email service is for exchange, and won't work with a blackberry. blackberry have their own push email service, which is separate from exchange.

However, you are probably correct in that Three, especially if you are paying a high price anyway, won't mind you moving up or sideways in terms of contract amount.

But saying that, that is not always the case. Like many things in HK, HK companies are not always as flexible as you think. To them, once you have signed a 24 month contract, they will not let you vary it under any circumstances.
    You're right, of course, I'm now thinking back the the nightmare I PERSONALLY had installing BES on SBS. I think I'd formed a mental block for that whole sordid affair - I think we can safely say from all of that the best response would be "Cheers for the convo starter, your best bet's to go and have a chat with 3..."