BlackBerries in Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BlackBerries in Hong Kong

Hi guys,

I'm currently using a iPhone 3G (not S) And signed with Three HK for the unlimited plan. I still got one year to go - but then I want to switch to a blackberry. I was wondering how I can do that. Or Can I get a blackberry unlocked in HK (Not the ones you get at SinDat, like phones you get in fortress)

Thanks

If you get out of the contract then you lose the rebates unless you bought it outright in the first place. Talk to 3.

Hi,

Are you trying to sell your iPhone or to sell the plan?

-helper

Quote Originally Posted by mystik
    Hi guys,

I'm currently using a iPhone 3G (not S) And signed with Three HK for the unlimited plan. I still got one year to go - but then I want to switch to a blackberry. I was wondering how I can do that. Or Can I get a blackberry unlocked in HK (Not the ones you get at SinDat, like phones you get in fortress)

Thanks

Just buy the phone (Blackberry) outright from one of the myriad of phone vendors they seem to have 'round here. As long as you do that everything else is fine.

3 don't care what handset you're using, and the handset doesn't care what network it's on (though you may want to unlock the iPhone before flogging it if you decide to).

Last edited by Calorus; 12-08-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calorus
    Just buy the phone (Blackberry) outright from one of the myriad of phone vendors they seem to have 'round here. As long as you do that everything else is fine.

3 don't care what handset you're using, and the handset doesn't care what network it's on (though you may want to unlock the iPhone before flogging it if you decide to).
    Are you sure? Blackberry plans are usually very specific - not just "normal" phone or data plans.....

Two things. While you can use the Blackberry on the Three plan, you won't be able to use all the blackberry functions. You require a specific Blackberry plan to get access to the Blackberry servers (for example if you want to use the mail function).

Another thing. I am pretty sure Iphones sold in HK are already unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Are you sure? Blackberry plans are usually very specific - not just "normal" phone or data plans.....
    The Blackberry part of the plan only covers the push email forwarding - that's a service 3 will happily turn on for you, if you request it.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Two things. While you can use the Blackberry on the Three plan, you won't be able to use all the blackberry functions. You require a specific Blackberry plan to get access to the Blackberry servers (for example if you want to use the mail function).

Another thing. I am pretty sure Iphones sold in HK are already unlocked.
    I have no idea about the iPhone lock/uncloking in HK, but it's extremely rare for a carrier with an exclusivity contract to supply unlocked phones.
    If no-one ever got that contract, or if all of the handset were purchased independently of the carrier, then by all means they may all be unlocked.

The Blackberry plan is an addendum to any other package usually - the PUSH can be put on or removed at will.

The Blackberry part of the plan only covers the push email forwarding - that's a service 3 will happily turn on for you, if you request it.
    Are you sure of that? Seeing as Three have different Blackberry plans, completely separate from their normal (i.e. iphone) data plan.

Part of the reason the BB data plans are more expensive is cause certain services go through the BB servers, which BB charges the carriers.

BTW you also can't use the BB browser (this can be enabled using a work around though, but its not something that is done out of the box), BB IM and some other functions without a BB data plan NOT just the push email.

Looking at their site, they offer a standalone PUSH package...
    three.com.hk 3G ??

But at any rate, I've never had trouble moving upwards or sideways in terms of contract (i.e. as long as I'm spending the same or more)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast