Laptop advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah, you got it.

right no problem getting a computer with English OS

yep...your keyboard and OS concerns should be a non-issue.

In the future we will all be using Esperanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheru:
    Hi all,

I need your advice about whether or not i should buy a laptop in France (around 500€) before coming in HK or purchase it once i am there.
    I dont think you will have any problem finding the laptop you want in HK, they are a "dime a dozen" (as we call it in the states)

Quote Originally Posted by Asheru:
    Does Hong Kong laptop's have Chinese or English Operating System? a qwerty keyboard? i am scared of being a little lost if there are Chinese softwares in my laptop but i heard laptops are cheaper in HK than in France.

Thanks
    Most laptops comes with a recovery option 1) chinese 2) english, normally once you choose the language, the recovery is hard locked to that language setting for good, make sure you ask before buying as some laptops are chinese only. QWERTY is standard on a laptop.

Id imagine it'll be cheaper here in HK, I have some friends that lives in France and I always hear them complain about the additional cost due to import/export & tax.

HK is tax free and we are also a hub for import export trade, so we get stuff from all around the world at decent prices, not to mention the high competition that also drives prices down for us consumers, this is a shoppers paradise.