Computer Rant thread - Bitch here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

• Sneaky methods of installing unwanted toolbars e.g. delays that prey on people that are too quick to press the "Next" button.
    • Slow boot up of netbooks (Would have thought SSD would be much quicker than HDD
    • Calling programs "Apps"

Available as beta from Adobe Labs

Quote Originally Posted by jawg:
    It sucks that Adobe doesn't have a flash plugin for x64 Firefox yet... BOO!
    You can snag the beta from Adobe Labs.

And while we are bitching. WTF is up with fragmentation in NTFS? I do not have this problem with EXT3,4 ReiserFS, HFS, etc. You think these geniuses would come up with a better file system by now, but NOOOOO!!!!
    Last edited by gpfear; 04-10-2009 at 12:08 PM.

IT support

Ok so my LAN port doesn't work so I call up IT support.

I call a number in Beijing, I get redirected to some Philippino guy... I was going to rant - and then I asked about the typhoon - he told me at home they had to move upstairs to escape the floods.

My LAN port is not a problem.

Your computer rantings are not worthy of being called problems.

Last edited by zerocred; 05-10-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    As a CEO of a listed company would you be happy with 89.6% or "near " 10% of the available market? That gives " near " 0.4% to Linux?
    AAPL has 166B market cap, MSFT 220B.

AAPL has alot of room for growth whereas MSFT doesn't and will struggle to maintain current marketshare...considering all that...I'll take the 166B market cap with only 10% marketshare.

Hardly a fair comparison since Apple has far more than 10% market share in its primary business (iPods, iPhones).

Quote Originally Posted by zerocred:
    My LAN port is not a problem.

Your computer rantings are not worthy of being called problems.
    Perversely that's the worst attitude to take, if you don't call up about that LAN port then said Philippino is out of a job.

I love it when a virus hits half of the machine OS files, svhost, explorer etc and the anti-virus has to remove them and leave the machine in a state where you can't reinstall the OS.

If a user or programs can write to the registry at will, this OS will never be secure. It is impossible.

I am really thinking of switching to linux for the desktop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5