GeForce 8800 GTS

Closed Thread

Question GeForce 8800 GTS

what is this thing worth?

hi all,

1st post here. just wanted to check up on sth... my cousin gave me his graphics card recently 'cause he was upgrading. the exact specs are as follows:

Code:
    GPU-
    Name: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    Code Name: G80 Revision: A3
    Technology: 90nm

Clocks-
    Core: 513 MHz
    Shaders: 1188 MHz
    Memory: 792 MHz

Memory-
    Size: 640 MB
    Type: GDDR3
    Bus Width: 320 bits
    my cuz said that this card is kick a** but i am no gamer and not too particular on the quality as far as vids go either so i think this card is a bit too much for me. all i want is just a no non-sense, simple graphics card. don't need all the bells and whistles.

what i'd like is to either trade w/ a cheaper card or sell and buy a new one. i know my cuz blew a small fortune on this card when new but we have no idea on what the current 2nd hand value is.

anybody have a clue? or anybody know where i can do a trade??

thanks in advance.

with the release of ATI' 5xxx series card just last week even those high end cards now took a big price drop.

i saw an inno3d 8800GT @ $300 in some 2nd hand forum, have to look for it. if you want a simple card ATI's 3650 is just selling over $2xx brand new which is ok for light gaming & some model have an HDMI out, good for HTPC or a good mid card is the ATI 4670 @ $4xx+.

you can also post the card here in GeoExpat, last month i got a card for $200 in which the guy bought it @ $3K+ before.

oh man. just $300??

not sure whether to be happy to have gotten a "hardcore" graphics card or to be sad 'cause of the free fall in value. would still sell it if my MOBO had onboard graphics but unfortunately...

i tried to search a few forums but found it really difficult as they were in Chinese. so thanks! even though the news wasn't so good

OK let me know if you'll dispose of that card, my china friend is looking for a cheap card that he can use to play games, BTW what is the brand?

FYI here is the link for the 800GT

賣inno3d 8800gt DCFever.com

thanks for the link. not sure about the brand... says both Winfast & Leadtek on the invoice.

not sure whether to sell or not 'cause the board i got doesn't have onboard video. i do have a mATX that has video but funnily enough i'm trying to sell that! (it's on GeoExpat if anybody's interested & very reasonably priced if i might add )

so if the mATX goes then i'll stick w/ the card. if not then will sell the card... and the MOBO that's attached to it (it's an ASUS M2N-E if anybody's up for doing a deal).

thanks for the replies. really helpful for someone retarded like me who can't even understand the translated pages!

If you still want to trade, I have a GeForce 6600 I'd be willing to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    If you still want to trade, I have a GeForce 6600 I'd be willing to part with.
    plz check pm

just sold the mATX will be sticking w/ the 8800 so apologies if anyone was expecting a trade.