I've been wiped off the internet

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    So my other half says:

Virus checker AVG8 freshly updated - showed up nothing
    Sypbot showed up nothing
    Not using wireless network - (anyway it has WPA2 with a l-o-n-g complex password- it is actually DD-WRT flashed Linksys).

My network is secure...
    Wow... the plot thickens.....
    .... this is getting very interesting (not what you want to hear, but it is scaring the rest of us)

All the problems you record are web based. Are you accessing the accounts at work? If so maybe the problem is in that network.

After all a legal company is a better target than you as an individual.

We do from time to time use the computers in the office library to check personal emails / surf Facebook etc. I am yet to hear anyone else in the office has had the same misfortune as I have though. Plus all the new passwords were set up at home (and promptly cracked afterwards) so I don't really think the work PCs are the problem here...

Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 29-09-2009 at 01:16 AM.

You've got a new trojan by the sounds of it. Format that home PC ASAP! Sorry to hear you lost your accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    You've got a new trojan by the sounds of it. Format that home PC ASAP! Sorry to hear you lost your accounts.
    Cheers Jay, the husband thinks you're absolutely right there - work is now in progress.

Latest update: answered a ton of "security questions" from Hotmail and sent Facebook another enquiry, but heard nothing back yet. Yahoo meanwhile has rejected my second recovery request so all contents in the folders are now gone for good.

Just wondering, has anyone dealt with the Facebook tech team before?

>> Just wondering, has anyone dealt with the Facebook tech team before?

Non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Just wondering, has anyone dealt with the Facebook tech team before?

Non existent.
    Agreed. I had a technical question a while back which while not as serious as yours, was pretty annoying - never got a response to any of my emails.

I've had technical assistance from facebook before and still have their email response. I sent the original query to:

[email protected]

and got a response from:

[email protected]

Could give those a try if you haven't already.

Good luck...

Latest update:

Hotmail finally got back to me last night after I brought out the violin. Allowed to re-set my password without answering the unanswerable secret question, got back in, and voila, all emails wiped - but the contact list was still there. Bloody wafer thin silver lining round a massive black cloud.

Through Hotmail I re-set the password for Facebook. Got in, and of course everything's been deleted.

I must have pissed off some technological deity at some point.

Can any of these people give you IP addresses from which logins and wiping have taken place?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast