Like Tree5Likes

Online Computer Parts Store?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

客戶服務與技術支援

address, kowloon, kwun tong, shing yip st, no 6, 18 fl, room 1

first number is their phone number

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    unfortunately you are a minority, a minority that wants low prices. There is no market for selling specific parts like you want, not a profitable one.

I use to do what you want, but people want shit at low pricers and take no consideration on the cataloging photographing researching specifications on parts.

The market is very simple, you buy new, what ever they have, you use it, if there is a problem you throw it out. Maybe some guys can sell you brand new specific parts, if you bother going to the distributors, but they don't make much money. It is better to sell over specified low quality hardware, (high end video boards, made by crap manufacturers). Buy in bulk and flip it.

When the market works the way it does there is very little incentive for anyone to go out and start taking care of Elsdons needs. Particularly when people will go to the seller and will be bitching left right and center "But on ebay it is half price" "Online it is this much".

Why should we bother to sell parts when we know you can get it cheaper in the USA?

Most people also are not willing to take into account the premium on buying locally, having face to face contact, being able to resolve problems, the lower risks, the fact that they can get pre and post sales service etc...
    All valid points but i still don't understand why Hong Kong is so different. Taiwan,Japan,Korea and Singapore have loads of computer part online shops. Ive done my research (and bought some stuff which was cheaper even including the shipping costs). Hong Kong doesn't even have one such website.

You also say that people underestimate the value of face to face service. What about the consumer who has done the research and knows exactly what parts they want? They get screeeeeeeeewed.

I've know got all the parts i need for my build. Some advice for other people who want to buy cheap, good quality items is, go to the Golden computer center (it really is the cheapest place in Hong Kong). If you cant find what you want then order online from a Chinese or Korean retailer. Shipping costs are not to bad and prices are similar on specific items.
    Last edited by Kustomhk; 31-10-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    pizza likes this.

Hallo guys. Anyone know, where i can get LCD replacement for my laptop. Its type (ltd133ev3d). Thanks