Recommendable Computer SHOPS, mongkok

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommendable Computer SHOPS, mongkok

Can anyone recommend any comp. shops in Mongkok. Planning to head to the Golden Shopping Arcade/Plaza this weekend and the plan is basically to take a spec to a few places and ask what the best deal they can give me is.

Can anyone recommend some places (im guessing they all speak english to some degree)?

Last edited by Laughing_Monkey; 02-11-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar

you looking at desktop or laptop?

They're all pretty much the same to be honest, try wanchai computer centre as well, I was there yesterday and they all seem competitive.

Also going on a weekend its going to be very very busy, so they might not be able to spend too much time with you.

I've found Jumbo Computer supplies to be good most of the time. The address Shop 111 1/F, Mongkok Computer Centre, 8-8A Nelson Street, Mong Kok. Their workshop is in another building nearby. If you buy from them, they'll probably take your money but send you someplace else. Here is a price list http://www.jumbo-computer.com/pricelist/pricelist.asp

Quite a few companies put their prices here http://www.hkgolden.com/hardware_price/cpu.asp
    Unfortunately the English version seems to have died.

As I've said, I bought my machine from Sam's Technology (or something very similar) on the top floor in Mongkok - they've got a little component place on one side, and a larger monitor shop directly opposite. Their prices may not be the absolutely lowest, but they have a decent range, decent stock, and the guys seem friendly, helpful, speak some English, and are willing to discuss options (what if I get this motherboard and that CPU - or that motherboard and this CPU, etc.). They're not that interested in doing deals - they'll shave a bit off to round a total down, or throw in something cheap like a keyboard or case, maybe - but they seem pretty reasonable anyway...

Can't answer you there... I bought all my parts from different shops in Golden Center. That's the only way to get better deals... and waste a whole lotta your time! Kinda fun, though. What are your specs?

Any recommended shops in Wanchai or Windsor House, especially for laptops?? Would appreciate a shop that actually recommends options without trying to swindle.

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN:
    Can't answer you there... I bought all my parts from different shops in Golden Center. That's the only way to get better deals... and waste a whole lotta your time! Kinda fun, though. What are your specs?

OK, something like this:

AMD (2.2MhZ) 3500+
    Something like the AsusTEK A8N-SLI motherboard (dep on availability)
    At least 1GB Geil RAM (2*512), pos 1.5 or 2 depend on how much i have left after case/psu/keyboard impulse buying joystick or something etc
    GF3600 series graphics card
    200GB HDD

Keyboard

forgot to say thats a 400w+ PSU, 7200rpm speed HDD (SATA), 256mb graphics card

Also. can anyone recommend a cybercafe/pacific coffee where i can check out stuff online if a shop offers it to me and i've never heard of it, i.e. dont have that motherboard what about this... thanks

Jumbo is the best place to buy stuff. The guys speak good English and are very honest. I have been buying stuff from them since the mid 90's.

Hi,
    Is the Mongkok Computer Centre different from the Golden Shopping Center or whatever it´s called? I checked the Yellow Page for the address of Jumbo and it says it´s locatedin Golden Era Plaza at 39 Sai Yee Street. But according to neither3nor4 it is on Nelson Street. Which one is the right address?
    Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast