Mobile Broadband contracts

Closed Thread

Mobile Broadband contracts

Recently signed a two year contract with 3 mobile for a USB mobile broadband, however the reception at my apartment is poor.

Is it possible to break the contract and not pay the penalty if they cannot provide the service (they promised a 7.2 mb transfer) to my apartment?

Probably not, but threaten OFTA / Consumer Council complaints and see if you can get out of it.

Did they really promise you those speeds? I.e did they enter into a quality of service agreement guaranteeing you such speeds? If so, then they will have breeches the contract and you will be able to sue for damages.

If they said they would provide speeds up to 7.2 and such speeds, then probably not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Have you tried boosting the signal? I found when I was in the UK, that if I used the wire that came with the modem (rather than just plugging the modem straight in) that the reception was boosted significantly. My parents home is marginal for mobile broadband - with the wire I could get it upstairs and outside; without the wire I could get nothing anywhere.

thanks for the advice, I guess it was up to 7.2 mb p/s, does this mean I am out of luck.

Also I am curious about this wire movingin07 talks about, can you elaborate as to what this wire is, and where I can purchase one?

raymond - I suspect movingin07 means the USB cable that comes with the modem. Allows you to move the USB stick to another area.

Recently got a 10 meter cable with a USB repeater built in to extend my WiFi adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    raymond - I suspect movingin07 means the USB cable that comes with the modem. Allows you to move the USB stick to another area.
    That's exactly what I meant. It's quite well hidden in the box, by the way, under the modem! ABout 20cm long. It helps.