Like Tree1Likes

When will Hong Kong have Google Street View?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello fellow forum members

I made this topic a while back asking when Hong Kong will have Google street view. I am happy to announce that Google now has Google street view in Hong Kong. Although privacy is an issue, Google street view is the best map on the internet.

You're only 3 days behind the rest of us...

How is privacy an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    How is privacy an issue?
    What privacy issue?

How is privacy an issue?
    How isn't it?

It's Google's mission to catalogue everything in the world. That includes you.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    How isn't it?

It's Google's mission to catalogue everything in the world. That includes you.
    Did I miss the part where the google street view car drives into people's homes?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You're only 3 days behind the rest of us...
    and a few years behind the rest of the world.

How is privacy an issue?
    CNN had a report the other day of a Taiwanese girl caught naked having a shower. The camera somehow peeked through the blinds. I think google have now blurred her face. But still you can see it and know exactly where she lives. So yes, there is perhaps some privacy concern here.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    CNN had a report the other day of a Taiwanese girl caught naked having a shower. The camera somehow peeked through the blinds. I think google have now blurred her face. But still you can see it and know exactly where she lives. So yes, there is perhaps some privacy concern here.
    "Peeked through the blinds"??? The woman was practically hanging out of the window!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:

What was the address?

Just kidding.

My younger brother sent me the link to his address in Lethbridge, Alberta where he is standing in the driveway with his dog looking at the film crew. I can see my home in Coquitlam and a car in my neighbour's driveway that could just as easily be his wife's boyfriend. There were two recent cases in Canada - one where a murder had just been committed and the blood was in the driveway still. They cut that off. The other was where the Crown convicted a home owner in Vancouver and a contractor for illegal tree cutting. They decided to pull this off the day the Google photos were taken.

It is not a huge privacy issue but it can be if the wrong people are at your suburban bungalow at the time of filming.