Help! I-Cable problems

Closed Thread

Help! I-Cable problems

Hi,
    so i signed up for I-Cable bband on sat, due to be installed today.

Anyway, cut a long story short, the guy didnt come round and didnt get a call from him either - also with the cust service person giving me hassle also, i wanted to canx the install.

I called salesguy - was pretty firm with cancelling, but he just become more aggravated and shouted down the phone.

So i called up my credit card comp and they said that the $159 had already been debited from I-Cable. I then called I-Cable who said they cant find my acct and also that if it hasnt been installed, no money shd be taken. I can raise a dispute, but CC comp advsd it can cost me $50.

Can anyone suggest the best course of action next?

You're off to a bad start. You want the service. The guy didn't show up, for whatever reason. It's you against the system.

I have i-Cable service and once in awhile something goes wrong but it can always be fixed. Presume you have written proof (on your credit card bill) that the account was debited. Anyway, call i-Cable customer service again and speak calmly to a different person. Take whatever time it needs to explain how much you paid and what it was you were expecting. In the worst case, you can contest the charge on your credit card bill, with the credit card issuer. Or maybe the guy has already shown up today. In any case, remember to stay calm about it. They wouldn't be shouting at you with no good reason.
    Good luck.