PCCW Wireless connection HEEELLLLPPP Pls

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffw:
    How do I enable NAT?

Thanks
    I've never used a TP Link router before so you'll have to take a look at the documentation and see where this option may be hidden. If you are poking around in your router menu, it should be labeled as "Enable NAT or Network Address Translation"... this must be enabled in order for multiple local IP's to connect simultaneously thru your router.

You mentioned you can connect wireless with both machines + iPhone, this can just mean that you have setup DHCP to run on your router but it may still be that NAT is turned off.

My info might be slightly differ to yours so....

if possible, can you copy/paste your info here and it'll help to diagnose your problem or at least narrow it down to local or router setup issue.

It should look something like this:

Code:
    Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Your PC Name
            Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :netvigator's dns
            Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
            IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
            WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
            DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : netvigator's dns

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
            Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit E
    thernet NIC
            Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-4D-57-3F-09
            Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
            DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3
    Delete any manual pppoe connection in XP or Vista (I never used Vista so I have no clue how), in XP, right click on my network places on your desktop on in control panel, if you see a connection other then your Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor and or a Modem (old school 56k dial up), it should be labeled as "Local Area Connection, 1394 Connection or similar", you can probably delete the rest.

Here are a few tips I once used for another user, lets keep it simple.. note that this is just a typical "setup your router quick guide".

Go into router, 192.168.1.1 or whatever, input pppoe as connection, enter user/password, save and turn off any auto disconnect if there is a option for this. DNS and obtain IP should be set to automatic or obtain from ISP.

Enable DHCP

Turn off ALL wireless security, input a unique SSID, channel can be left at auto, TURN OFF mac address filtering.

Go to your system and your network adapter configuration or your wireless card tool, connect to your wireless router using the proper SSID (you did set this in your router right?)

obtain IP & DNS automatically.
    If you can connect fine using the above guide, congrats

Now go back into your router and enable wireless security, I suggest using WPA over WEP unless your have some legacy device that requires WEP (NDS comes to mind)... you'll have to configure your network adaptors to connect using the proper WPA or WEP key once you have finished with your router.. I suggest leaving this till last once you get all your connections up and running first.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffw:
    OK thanks PDLM,

Heres what I have done:

On my XP laptop, I have deleted the PCCW broadband connection that I set up that requires the username etc.

I tried to go online but it still doesn't work?

My NEC broadband modem is connected to my TP Link router through a wire and the wireless connectin only works for single computers at a time?
    well for the sake of your sanity

plug in a wire to both of your computers directly to your router and see if both computer can access the internet.