PCCW Wireless connection HEEELLLLPPP Pls

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy PCCW Wireless connection HEEELLLLPPP Pls

Me ->

Hi, Im having probs connecting multiple laptops to the net.

My set up:
    PCCW NEC modem to TP-Link wireless router

I can go on line with one computer at a time but there can't be more than one computers connected to online for some reason?

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why through searching the web but I can't seem to find a solution.

Please can some one help me or point me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

You have set the router to do the PPPoE login to Netvigator? The individual machines should not be logging in to anything - just connecting to the router by DHCP.

on top of what PDLM said, also check to make sure that NAT is enabled, NAT is responsible for using your ISP connection IP and shares it amongst your local IP's 192.168.*.*, etc...

Hi, thanks for all your help.

This is what I have done to no avail:

1. logged into router via 192.168.1.1
    2. clicked quick set up and plugged in my netvigator username and password.
    3. clicked OK

But still, when I want to go on line, I still have to plug in my username and password in the dial up box?

What should I do?

NAT?

Quote Originally Posted by justsomebody2:
    on top of what PDLM said, also check to make sure that NAT is enabled, NAT is responsible for using your ISP connection IP and shares it amongst your local IP's 192.168.*.*, etc...
    How do I enable NAT?

Thanks

FYI, I was previously with Icable and the wireless TP-Link router worked fine with my 2 computers and my Iphone.

I simply had to plug in the router WEP address to use the internet connection.

More info: both machines and Iphone can connect to my wireless network but not to the internet!?

Only one machine can connect at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffw:
    But still, when I want to go on line, I still have to plug in my username and password in the dial up box?

What should I do?
    No - you should not be "dialling up" any connection on your individual PCs, nor entering any usernames or passwords there. Just delete that Network Connection. Your router should log in to Netvigator automatically now you have done the quick setup, and your PC should connect automatically to the router without any specific setup (assuming here that you are using a wire to connect to the router - get that working first and worry about wireless later).

I have had a look at the following thread:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread13753.html

The solution stated was:
    THE SOLUTION:

Go to properties for Wireless Network Connection From the list, select Internet Protocol TCP/IP
    Instead of Obtain an IP address automatically, select Use the following IP address
    Enter any IP address in the same subnet mask as the router, ie 192.168.1.2 through to 192.168.1.254
    For subnet mask, enter 255.255.255.0
    Click OK
    Access the internet

My problem with this solution
    Can't find properties for the wireless network connection in Vista or XP so can't select TCP/IP thus can't do any of the things in the solution such as change IP.

Thanks.

OK thanks PDLM,

Heres what I have done:

On my XP laptop, I have deleted the PCCW broadband connection that I set up that requires the username etc.

I tried to go online but it still doesn't work?

My NEC broadband modem is connected to my TP Link router through a wire and the wireless connectin only works for single computers at a time?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast