D-Link DSL-2640T

Closed Thread

D-Link DSL-2640T

Am trying to cut down the equipment, cables and power-sockets used in the typical setup using the modem provided by Netvigator and a separate wireless router. So, if anybody uses a wireless modem/router (2 in 1 setup) e.g. D-Linl DSL-2640T Wireless ADSL2+Router here in HK, would appreciate if you could tell me the VPI & VCI settings for Netvigator. Netvigator claims they do not know anything about VPI/VCI...and I know that's a BIG LIE!!!

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post281211-14.html lists some settings that worked with a Dynalink RTA1025W:
    Connection type - PPPOE
    VPI setting - 1
    VCI setting - 32
    Encapulation Type - LLC/SNAP

I'm assuming you aren't hoping to run NOW TV through this as well? I've not heard of anyone doing that successfully through a non-PCCW supplied modem.

It's not very common as most people want data and Now TV which requires two ports from the DSL modem and only PCCW's modem provides that.

DSL-2640T cannot work in HK

Actually, I found out that the DSL-2640T is sold and works in HK. I decided to bring mine from M'sia since it can do the job of the netvigator ADSL2 modem as well as the wireless router. But then even after changing the VPI/VCI paramenters to 1/32, I still cannot get it to work. Perhaps, the hardware shipped to M'sia/S'pore is different to that sold in HK even though it is identical.