Anyone else experiencing problems with BitTorrents?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Haven't had any real problems with recently uploaded torrents. However I have noticed with some of the ones that were uploaded a while ago that most of the trackers are appearing to have errors.

With Mininova down many of the sites now don't have a good tracker to go through. PirateBay is still up and running and they tend to be reasonably consistent.

I also tend to use torretnz.com so I can see the variety of sites offering the torrent file that gives you a better choice in which sites to use. Especially useful now in the post mininova age.

Demonoid is back up and running which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    Can you recommend somewhere to start using newsgroups etc?
    get a service...such as giganews (excellent imho)
    then get a "reader" ... i use sabnzbd+
    then browse websites for .nzb files (exactly like torrent files). load this file into your reader and it will locate all the actuall rars and pars...and download. depending on the reader you use you may need to unpack the rar files, while others like sab can unpack, rename, copy to destination and delete old files for you

some websites for nzb files:

nzbsrus
    binsearch.info
    tvnzb

We use torrentz.com also- can check the different sites for seeds, etc, and choose one that seems to have alot, and you can usually tell pretty quickly if it will have a problem, and cancel the bad one pick another.

Just upgraded our Vuze, and haven't had time to figure out how to use it as a tracker- is it terribly complicated?
    also, anyone had experience with the vuze function that lets you send files to the PS3? Would love to be able to send the files wireless, and avoid having to connect the laptop to the TV...

I'm not a techie, so I appreciate the simple language please!

Quote Originally Posted by saun-fam:
    We use torrentz.com also- can check the different sites for seeds, etc, and choose one that seems to have alot, and you can usually tell pretty quickly if it will have a problem, and cancel the bad one pick another.

Just upgraded our Vuze, and haven't had time to figure out how to use it as a tracker- is it terribly complicated?
    also, anyone had experience with the vuze function that lets you send files to the PS3? Would love to be able to send the files wireless, and avoid having to connect the laptop to the TV...

I'm not a techie, so I appreciate the simple language please!
    For getting video / audio on the ps3, have you thought about streaming it directly from your pc to the ps3, rather than copying it?

There is a great program called PS3 media server:
    PS3 Media Server

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    For getting video / audio on the ps3, have you thought about streaming it directly from your pc to the ps3, rather than copying it?

There is a great program called PS3 media server:
    PS3 Media Server
    uh.... sounds good... I'll have to ask my 9 year old to explain how that works. He's the resident PS3 expert.

If anyone is on Netfront their bandwidth via iAdvantage is just crap. Not sure what iAdvantage have done but they have no capacity. They have oversold their bandwidth to a extreme level. Netfront said they would be changing iAdvantage for another upstream provider within the next ten days.