downloading torrents in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

downloading torrents in HK

Does anyone know how tight the HK ISPs are in terms of downloading torrents (movies to be specific...)? everytime I'm in HK I'm scared to download things because I heard they're more proactive when it comes to cracking down on illegal downloading.. just curious

Uploading's the issue. I don't think anyone's been busted for downloading.

uploading as in posting them up or just seeding?

While we're on the subject of theft, I'm interested in how best to get the top end bottles of wine out of Wellcome - I notice that they tag them and it's hard to get those tags off unobtrusively. Any hints?

I don't think in Hong Kong anybody have been arrested for downloading torrent.

People making website with direct download have been, but I think Hong Kong don't do to much for illegal copies as you still can see some copy shop in Golden computer center or people selling copies on the street.

So i think you can download torrent safely, on a other end renting a DVD here cost something like 10 HKD and don't make you a criminal ...

But i do download some torrent for movie or TV show unavailable here.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    While we're on the subject of theft, I'm interested in how best to get the top end bottles of wine out of Wellcome - I notice that they tag them and it's hard to get those tags off unobtrusively. Any hints?
    Those black cap on the top are easy to remove with a nice long nose plier the hardest part will be to pass the magnetic alarm system.

3 choices

A pair of discrete Bolt cutters
    Paying for them
    Taking the connects of the bottle by drinking them on in the premises and leaving the bottle behind.

You can just bring a nice big tanker into the store with you, then fill it up.
    Make sure you get the tankers which have the ability to withdraw the oxygen from within, you can then keep the wine a bit longer.

While we're on the subject of breaking the law, how can I find an illegal part-time helper?

oh that's easy, head down to Wan Chai on Sunday

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast