Did Netvigator email just change something?

Closed Thread

Did Netvigator email just change something?

I forward my Netvigator email to another account. Up until today, it appeared in my other account as though it came from the original person; today, it looks like it comes from me (ie [email protected]), rather than previous it was [email protected].

I have changed NOTHING in any of my settings today .... anybody any ideas? This is a disaster....

From your description, what they did before was a Redirect. What they are doing now is a Forward. I'll have a dig around and see if I can see any changes, but I always thought what Netvigator offered was forwarding not redirection.

"Disaster" is surely rather too strong a word?

Edit: I don't see any changes in the mail config, so I guess they've just corrected their installation so that Forwarding does actually Forward rather than Redirect. Basing your email strategy on an error in the service is always going to be risky!

What is it that you need the original sender in the From: field for? Just filing? In that case with a decent email client you might be able to extract the details of who it was originally from and file that way.

Last edited by PDLM; 17-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    F
    What is it that you need the original sender in the From: field for? Just filing? In that case with a decent email client you might be able to extract the details of who it was originally from and file that way.
    Not just filing. Knowing whether to read the emails, for a start! (a glance at the name tells me what to prioritise if I am busy). if they all come from me .... hmm... must all be super-important clearly!

Anyway - since mid-afternoon it seems to have stopped ... very strange!

all my emails go to netvigator, but immediately forward to gmail. They have always, and still continue, to show up in gmail as from the original sender...not my netvigator account.

perhaps your secondary account being used changed some settings?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    all my emails go to netvigator, but immediately forward to gmail. They have always, and still continue, to show up in gmail as from the original sender...not my netvigator account.

perhaps your secondary account being used changed some settings?
    I don't know what happened - but I think it was netvigator. It did it for a few hours yesterday then stopped and appears to be back to normal --- most bizarre!

Bearing in mind, however, that this thread was nothing to do with spam email.

Personally I would prefer not to have my email filtered by anyone on the way through. I'll configure whatever I need to extract whatever emails I want. So they're not going to be able to please everyone whatever they do.