Apple/Mac Users - Please help

Closed Thread

Exclamation Apple/Mac Users - Please help

I have been having problems with my Powerbook, and am wondering if I should bring it to the HK authorized repair shop, or request a box and send it back to the US. It is still covered under warranty, but the end date is rapidly approaching.

1) For those who have used the local Apple authorized dealer - how did you find the repair job? How long did they take?

2) Has anyone requested the box be sent to HK, and send the laptop/computer back to the US for repair?

I am trying to find who can best repair the laptop and in the shortest period of time.

Thanks in advance.

I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to put it in a box and send it to the US instead of use the Apple Centre here.

It is likely that the HK Apple Dealer will send it away for servicing. I once owned an iMac which developed a display problem. The engineer replaced it immediately but said that the defective part would be sent away for fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to put it in a box and send it to the US instead of use the Apple Centre here.
    Word. Take it to the CASE service center in Times Square. They are Apple Authorized so there's now worries about them. If parts are required it should take around 2 weeks.

out of interest what kind of problems are you having and is it a g4 powerbook?

I have left CASE several messages but no one seems to return phone calls there - and I have not been able to get through to a real person (i.e., not recorded message) - I have been trying for a couple of weeks. Maybe I am calling at the wrong times??

Yes it is a Powerbook G4.

**My main problem is that the warranty is expiring - anyone know if I call Apple to report the problem today, and my warranty expires tomorrow (example here, not reality), will they give me a one week grace period to hand the machine in, since i reported the problem anyway?**

Thanks.

No, I don't think so. They're really strict on these things. You should get it fixed as soon as possible, and calling isn't as good as going in there yourself. I suggest that you go to the Time Square Apple center. My friend got his ipod fixed (they actually just replaced it) there once and they were quite efficient.

what problems are you having? maybe someone can help you out and save you money? apple products are easy as hell to fix

You certainly wouldn't get it to Apple in the US in time!!

The Apple centre is good in Times Square- the technicians there generally sort most things out on the spot. Otherwise call CASE on 2915-7883.

What did you do in the end?