Like Tree2Likes

iCable vs. Now Broadband

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iCable vs. Now Broadband

Hello,

My short term apartment has an iCable connection whereas all the time I spent in HK I used Now Broadband.

I've noticed some interesting differences: On speedtest.net I'm getting a substantially faster reading on iCable, but the connection is definitely heavily shaped. For big downloads download speed drops quickly.

But I have also noticed some Web sites behaving "weirdly" on iCable - which I never had on Now. And also I have noticed that I get 404 errors on any twitter url. Even twitter.com

Any iCable users able to explain this?

icable sucks hence the problem.

kiffguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aava:
    icable sucks hence the problem.
    It would appear so.

Fu**k icable man... its crap. the internet from them are slow

Now is better...

but both when it comes to break down, they both are shit. The call centre piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    Fu**k icable man... its crap. the internet from them are slow

Now is better...

but both when it comes to break down, they both are shit. The call centre piss people off.
    Well, to be honest, I once developed a wireless network problem with Now and when I called their call centre, a very nice Irish gentleman answered the phone. He was brilliant, patient and knew his stuff.

NOW indeed has very nice customer representatives on the phone but nice doesn't necessarily mean effective and prompt service that i am used to.

i've just started a contract with icable for its tv channels - primarily for the football (as far as i could see, the only thing i've lost compared to Now is the film channels, a couple of BBC ones and Sky News)

they offered us 50mb internet for an additional $70pcm (we currently pay $246 for Netvigator). i know everyone says it's slow, but bearing in mind we never download anything, is it likely to be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by leedseagle:
    i've just started a contract with icable for its tv channels - primarily for the football (as far as i could see, the only thing i've lost compared to Now is the film channels, a couple of BBC ones and Sky News)

they offered us 50mb internet for an additional $70pcm (we currently pay $246 for Netvigator). i know everyone says it's slow, but bearing in mind we never download anything, is it likely to be sufficient?
    If its purely for websurfing, then it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    If its purely for websurfing, then it should be fine.
    what about the occasional live streaming of some crystal palace matches?!

Quote Originally Posted by leedseagle:
    what about the occasional live streaming of some crystal palace matches?!
    But why would you put yourself through that?

(BTW from South London?)
    leedseagle likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast