Like Tree1Likes

Netvigator smtp problems

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I think OP is trying to relay outside Netvigator on port 25 which he is not able to do as Netvigator blocks Port 25. You have to to use their mail servers to send mail out. They have number of different outbound SMTP. THey have got some specific ones for MAC users too.

For outbound relaying I seen more complaints from Google users with the 421 errors that Netvigator.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    I think OP is trying to relay outside Netvigator on port 25 which he is not able to do as Netvigator blocks Port 25. You have to to use their mail servers to send mail out. They have number of different outbound SMTP. THey have got some specific ones for MAC users too.

For outbound relaying I seen more complaints from Google users with the 421 errors that Netvigator.
    Never had one, seems to need proper settings.

Thank you guys for the answers...I tried port 587 and it's working fine...

All the best

da G

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Never had one, seems to need proper settings.
    I've heard this from 3 people amongst them an alpha geek way above all of us. I think he can figure out what settings are what are 421 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    The point of my post was that this is simply not the case in my experience - I use a non-Netvigator SMTP server to send e-mail all the time (on port 25).

Residential Netvigator or Business Netvigator? I suspect that may be a factor.

Must be a business Netvigator or a residential one that is not properly configured.

Standard residential Netvigator account.

Checked it with a number of accounts (friends' places) and it works there as well, so the general statement that Netvigator blocks SMTP on port 25 to third party servers is clearly incorrect.

Last edited by beachball; 16-04-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Standard residential Netvigator account.

Checked it with a number of accounts (friends' places) and it works there as well, so the general statement that Netvigator blocks SMTP on port 25 to third party servers is clearly incorrect.
    Very strange, as they confirmed to me when I asked them that they would block port 25. But that was a while ago. Maybe things have changed.
    Last edited by hktraveller; 16-04-2010 at 11:40 AM.

PaoloBK

THANK YOU for port 587 info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!