Like Tree1Likes

Netvigator smtp problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sorry to reopen a very old thread, but I too have PCCW residential broadband netvigator ADSL cooper broadband service, and cannot send outgoing e-mails on SMTP port 25 using my own POP3/SMTP mail server that is hosted with a standalone website/mail server provider.

Apologies if this is obvious, but was the trick to use a different port and avoid 25? Thanks

Netvigator blocks port 25. Configure your other server to accept connections at 587 or the SSL port 465 and then use that.

Hi all. Having similar problems, though just recently so no idea why we could send emails previously but not now? Anyway, I know the Port issue has been explained, but can someone please, please walk me through it simply as I'm not having any luck at all. Current set-up is external ESP (Optusnet in Australia), our ISP is PCCW - I'm not sure on the specifics as it's included in our rental and was already set-up when we moved in. Don't like our chances of getting said specifics Running Mail for Mac V 4.6. Our incoming mail server is set at mail.optusnet.com.au (working fine and receiving emails no problem). Do I now set the outgoing server to the PCCW one? Can someone tell me what that is (smtp.netvigator.com)? And then the advanced details I need to enter when I set this up? Do I need to use the alternative Port/s for the PCCW outgoing server? Sorry...totally confused and the outbox is getting crammed! TIA.

Your outgoing server needs to be setup as follows:

Server: smtp.netvigator.com
    Authentication: Yes
    SSL: Yes
    Port: 465
    Enter username (@netvigator.com or @hkstar.com) and password
    Critical to enter your netvigator.com userid / password, even though you're sending email as optusmailwhatever.

Might want to contact Optus / your home ISP to see if they provide an alternative SMTP port.

Thanks for the info. I still can't send any emails, and from what I've read on other forums, Optus (my ESP) do not provide an alternative SMTP. I did find something about Port blocking and mail filters etc, and how they won't allow emails to be relayed on a 3rd party ISP. There is an option to disable this, which I've done, however no joy thus far. I found some details here that suggest we might be on a corporate/business type of account with PCCW which lists the following for outgoing mail servers:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
    Corpmail1.netvigator.com

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) (For Roaming Only) (Hong Kong):
    Mail01.netvigator.com

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) (For Roaming Only) (Overseas):
    Corpmail1.netvigator.com
    It lists two Login IDs:

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Then lists the password as the first 6 digits of the business registration number (which are provided)

There is a second page which provides a Netvigator Broadband Login ID:
    [email protected]

It also includes a Dial-up Login ID and a Netvigator Email address.

I have no idea which to use! Help...pleeeease! This is killing me!

Gave up trying to configure any of the above and signed up for the Travel SMTP option. Works fine in HK...haven't tried it OS yet but imagine it should be okay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3