Like Tree6Likes

Vodafone: home broadband service.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    The website says:

"Supports actual download speeds typically 2 to 6Mbps / upload speeds typically 500Kbps to 2Mbps#"

(#Actual connection speeds can vary due to factors such as relative position between you and the base station, download server source, Internet traffic conditions, number of users, computer hardware, software and other factors that may arise)

is it a good speed?

I am not sure SMV will let me test it, need to ask. also, not sure how to test.

Sorry, i am zero when it comes to techie things.
    The indicated speed should be fine for what you are planning on doing with it, but its not 100% that you will get the indicated speed.

As I understand it Moving uses the SMV service (in the form of mobile broadband) as her main connection now, so she should be able to give some indication on its reliability. But then again it will matter where you live....

Just want to add, I dug out this old post which may (or may not) help you:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread46183.html

Yes - I think I already posted on this or a linked thread, I find the mobile one to be fine. I do use it for large downloads and torrents, but not often and not as my main use for these applications - I would struggle streaming, I think, but downloading if you are patient is fine.

Normal email, browsing, no problems at all. Skype is also fine.

mercury_element likes this.

Home Broadband - FAQ

have a look at faq 3
    mercury_element likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Home Broadband - FAQ

have a look at faq 3
    ok, just checked, thanks.

I hope they have a coverage in my building. its an old building, hopefully should not be a problem.

Have a look around outside your building. I was quite interested at first with smartone because of a recently erected tall pole in my area with comms equipment at the top. Really ugly thing (they didn't even bother to paint it), but I figured it most probably served a number of companies. I would think they would dedicate a port for your modem since you can't use the modem in another area. And another attraction is that you just take it home, plug it in and use it.
    Have a look at this youtube vid:

Finally bought home broadband of ********. Seems ok to me. I still have to chk for streaming videos and simple games, hope that will work fine.

Why have the names of companies in this thread been ***** ?

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    Why have the names of companies in this thread been ***** ?
    Probably something to do with with the various phone companies spamming Geo and Geo wanting to protect itself, so its blocked the names of the companies.

Hong Kong GeoExpat - Announcements in Forum : Computers and Internet

We're fine tuning some filters... lets see how we can deal with this.
    Last edited by shri; 19-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.