Like Tree4Likes

PCCW DNS Hijacking...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It does not affect business users

are they still doing screwing around with DNS?

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    Too late...I've changed my DNS to google now. Trust Google more than PCCW.
    I would too, but it would screw up CDNs, so things like loading videos, files, images, etc, will be too slow

Slow or not working, easy choice to make.

How about a quick script to send out a few (million) garbage DNS requests... Then they might get the message.

It is not worth the time. Firstly the DNS servers will handle that secondly you cause an impact they will kick you off their network or send you a bill.

according to some benchmarks I read even with a P3 machine they can handle the DNS traffic of what ever you size circuit you have.

Some nice person should offer to host a pair of DNS resolvers for the community. Unfortunately I can't.

I wonder how money PCCW are making off ad revenue from this deal with yp.com.hk?

Fenix - they beat SCMP

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to explain why this is bad, to the guys over at SCMP, but I don't think they have an understanding of some of the issues at work.

SCM... who?

Why bother reporting anything to the SCMP.

I called Bien Perez a few years back on the millions of counterfeit Cisco floating in town and being shipped through HK and he didn't want to know a thing. He wanted like quotes from the counterfeiters themselves and my name behind it or something hilarious. Their advertisers can be involved in any old scheme and never be exposed.

At the standard a reporter called Timothy Chiu use to call me on different stuff. You are better off talking to them.

Shri, it is not your business. If people on PCCW get their traffic hijacked and do nothing about it, they deserve it. Well they signed up to PCCW in first place so my guess is going to remain like this. It helps google also sign up more dumb victims also. It is part of a food chain.

The only people you should call is PCCW and offer them for a fee how to do this right.