Like Tree4Likes

PCCW DNS Hijacking...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

PCCW respond

Thank you for emailing NETVIGATOR.

Regarding your message, please be informed that the YP recommended page is a new function that when you input an invalid website, the page will be redirected to it for more options and your convenience.

Surely if you would like to choose not to enjoy this YP recommended page, we shall arrange opt-out for you. To this end, please kindly provide us your NETVIGATOR email address or account number at your earliest convenience, so that we can proceed as per your request.

Thank you in advance for providing the information we need. If you have any further enquiries, please feel free to email us again or call our PCCW Consumer Service Hotline 1000.

Yours sincerely,

Nicole Wu
    NETVIGATOR Email Team
    Contact us: [email protected]

in response to:

I wish to register my objection to your DNS hijacking of mistyped URLs.
    If the URL is unknown then I want to get a message to say so.

I don't want some totally inappropriate search results from HK yellow pages full of spammy adverts that are hard on the eyes.

Here's a suggestion - why don't you provide alternate DNS IP address without the spam, for those of us who don't want the spam?

wookienz and justsomebody2 like this.

did the same thing and emailed them, they were good about it and fairly responsive.

Just need to reset the modem once they have opted you out and voila!

For stamps - the phone number given to sort it out is 2204 0858

I just blocked the entire yp.com.hk domain in my firewall, problem solved..

but for those who does not have this option, then emailing PCCW is the only other viable option.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4