Netvigator Broadband Hosting

Closed Thread

Netvigator Broadband Hosting

I have a fairly standard Netvigator Broadband package that was arranged by our real estate agent (therefore I don't know what the plan name is!). I'm interesting in what hosting is available for customers.

After searching the site, I could find no info about this. I eventually found a page with instructions on moving your site from a particular ISP to netvigator, which happened to have the FTP details. I've tried these and they work, but I have no idea how much space is offered, what server-side technologies are installed etc.

I know, I should just call them, but I have spent a while on the phone to them recently getting my wiring problems sorted, and thought I might be missing an obvious part of their site that another user could point out for me. If so, let me know, if not I'll go back to the call queue

They don't allow hosting on their broadband connection ... given that the IP address you get is dynamic.

I don't think that's what he meant - Netvigator accounts come with space on their server (8MB for free on my plan - more is payable). The homepage has an address of the form: http://home.netvigator.com/~<userid>/
    As to what server-side technologies are installed I'm afraid I can't help - I just use mine for very simple pages and photo linking.

He's a she! But you're right PDLM, I was asking about the hosting space on their server. Good to know that my space will be roughly 8MB Did they give you info on your hosting space when you signed up? Or did you hunt it down like me?

Ah, good, that's the same info as I found on the migration page, but it's nice to have confirmation that i'm actually supposed to be using that server.

I think they gave it when I signed up, but it is also available if you go here and login: http://cs.netvigator.com/eng/
    (My Plan, My Usage on LHS)