netvigator email down?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's working fine for me via POP3.

What do you mean by "personally addressed"? Either your email address is in the list of recipients or it isn't. If it isn't then they won't send it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    What do you mean by "personally addressed"? Either your email address is in the list of recipients or it isn't. If it isn't then they won't send it to you!
    Not required for BCC.

Eh? If a mail doesn't have your address in one of the To: cc: or bcc: fields then you aren't going to get it.

I still don't understand the previous poster's point - how can she get mail that is not addressed (in one of those fields) to her email address?

Eh? If a mail doesn't have your address in one of the To: cc: or bcc: fields then you aren't going to get it.
    The B in BCC is blind, it is removed before delivery so you only see the To: and Cc: list.

Please don't be so patronizing.

I still do not understand what the recipient means by "personally addressed". Does s/he wish to automatically reject all email on which s/he is bcc'd? If so she's going to have to do that with her own email client. Personally I want Netvigator to deliver to me all email that is addressed to me., in the same way that I want HongKongPost to deliver all mail that is addressed to me. I can deal with putting the spam in the bin.

Last edited by PDLM; 13-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Does s/he wish to automatically reject all email on which s/he is bcc'd?
    That would be my guess.

Again, I don't see why you should be able to impose your filtering requirements on Netvigator; if you want to filter then do it yourself (as you appear to be doing). The job of the ISP is to route to its customers all email addressed to them.

Do you moan and whinge at the post office for delivering unsolicited junk mail into your letter box? If not, why not?

Switch to gmail.
    Privacy concerns - what do you think google will do with your mail that <insert ISP name> won't?

Do you moan and whinge at the post office for delivering unsolicited junk mail into your letter box? If not, why not?
    Which is the bigger issue with poor email providers like Netvigator, what happens with false negatives? With many online providers you can check the spam folder. Even then not all are the same, Hotmail will block at lot even getting to the spam folder.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 14-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast