Like Tree5Likes

uTorrent - help!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay:
    Thanks Robert - will give that a go later.
    Ummm...I can't open Documents and Settings - Access is Denied. That can't be right can it??

Having said that - I looked at my directories and it's pretty similar to yours Robert (except I don't have a seperate folder for incomplete downloads, so both complete and incomplete go into the same folder), but the 'move torrents from' box wasn't checked. But because I can't create a new loadTorrents folder in documents I don't know what to put in there...

Aren't computers supposed to be user friendly??

no need to put it in documents.
    however, you should look into making your account administrator level (yes, it's a security risk.. but you don't have much of a realistic choice).
    anyway, you can just create a new directory tree right at the top of the C:\ drive..

I sugget that you guys go out an buy a little device in SSP called the 9x9 EZ downloader. It does all your torrent DL's in the background with your PC off and at good speeds. You can even email torrents to it from your cell or use the web interface.
    https://www.9x9download.com/EZDownloader/

-

Ok - I have no idea what anyone's talking about anymore.

But thanks for trying...

There can a lot of tiny things here and there that could be wrong. The easiest is to uninstall the application.... and reinstall the latest version. Also, I have chosen to prompt whenever I download a torrent so I can choose where it gets saved.

ArKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    There can a lot of tiny things here and there that could be wrong. The easiest is to uninstall the application.... and reinstall the latest version. Also, I have chosen to prompt whenever I download a torrent so I can choose where it gets saved.
    Yeah...figured that might be the easiest way forward for a technologically challenged person like myself. Was resisting doing it cos I guess I'll lose everything I donwloaded already. Aah, it's all rubbish anyway.

You will not loose what you have already downloaded (assuming you know where to find it.. which is the problem in the first place )

ArKay likes this.