Like Tree1Likes

MacBook Pro

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    i think u need to press the apple key and delete to do the same as windows delete key (well, i'm still back at OS-X 10.4.1)
    Well, how can you possibly function with such an antiquated system? Don't you know you absolutely need to buy the latest, biggest and fastest thing around?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Well for a start Snow Leopard was smaller so freed up disc space!

By this analysis we should have been satisfied with an electric typewriter and never tried to progress further.
    If you needed the free space then you have a serious management problem that a new system won't fix.

The other statement is too childish to respond to...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Well, how can you possibly function with such an antiquated system? Don't you know you absolutely need to buy the latest, biggest and fastest thing around?
    LOL Gilles, i understand your sentiments - it riles me sometimes too (though it's sort of my inner dr jekyl and mr hyde). i AM looking to upgrade, but only cos my iBook G4 1ghz system cannot cope with the crap that is strewn throughout webpages these days. it copes just fine with adobe cs3 creative suite, but open firefox or opera, and it crawls. funny how 5 years ago it coped just fine, and i don't really think webpages are any more fun to look at with all the extra content these days, just slower to load... go figuire.

i do agree that the 30GB HDD is just fine - my 2 external HDDs hold my collection of photos, videos, ripped DVD's etc

gadget envy is everywhere - even when i use my camera at club meets, from a distance, with an L series lens and a battery grip, it commands respect, but when it is examined up close, and the model number is apparent, it's almost like it suddenly emits a bad odour an 8mp DSLR - 4yrs old - OMG! run for the hills!

Thanks Ronnie - may take a bit of getting used to. Can I do something similar in Windows using bootcamp?

Yes, it works in bootcamp, too. Update your bootcamp in the control panel in Windows. Be careful that Apple doesn't try to sneak an installation of iTunes on Windows.
    After updating the apple updates, set up your trackpad just like a Mac. You won't have to contort your fingers trying to right click using a track pad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4