Like Tree10Likes

Facebook privacy scanner

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Facebook privacy scanner

Try this, you might be surprised. I was - my basic settings were fine but my friends could leak details about me through some new feature I had never heard of. It is now safely disabled

ReclaimPrivacy.org | Facebook Privacy Scanner

You can also have a lot of fun with this new tool.

Openbook - Connect and share whether you want to or not

shri, dropdedfwed, fth and 7 others like this.

I am quite amazed how often Facebook messes around with this.

Me too. Here is a very good piece about how Facebook has opened up itself over time, by gradually revealing more and more of your personal data.

For those that won't click the link

Visual Guide To Facebook's Privacy Changes Over Time (PICTURES)

Here are the pictures directly.

That site looks like a scam. I am signed into Facebook and it says for it to work you must be signed into FB. It operates just like any scam site I have seen.

It isn't a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    It isn't a scam.
    Geoff, I followed their instructions and it sure operates like most scams. I admit I am not much of a computer person other than basics but it operates just like most scam sites. One site took me to "Hacker News" when I googled it.

You must be logged into facebook.. lol.. Yah right. I am freaking logged in and you click and you bookmark it - now I think I will give it a rest while I scan my PC to see WTF they installed on it. If anyone is as computer illiterate as I am I'd advise against this and just look at your privacy settings if you are concerned.

It seemed to work fine for me. Found the one area that needed a tweak and does not seem to have done anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Geoff, I followed their instructions and it sure operates like most scams.
    If you read the page, the source code is freely available and you can check it before you run it.

I admit I am not much of a computer person other than basics but it operates just like most scam sites. One site took me to "Hacker News" when I googled it.
    I am a computer person, and this is not a scam.

You must be logged into facebook.. lol.. Yah right. I am freaking logged in and you click and you bookmark it - now I think I will give it a rest while I scan my PC to see WTF they installed on it. If anyone is as computer illiterate as I am I'd advise against this and just look at your privacy settings if you are concerned.
    You have no idea what you're doing - by your own violation - and you feel you need to dispense your advice to the world anyway?

I would not post a scam for others to follow and I get pissed off when criticised by someone who has no idea what he is talking about!

It is taking a while to scan through personal information, friends, tags and connections but so far my information appears to be rightfully confined to within my circles of friends.

Gee, this is taking a while. Or is it just my connection?

Thanks for the link Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    It is taking a while to scan through personal information, friends, tags and connections but so far my information appears to be rightfully confined to within my circles of friends.

Gee, this is taking a while. Or is it just my connection?

Thanks for the link Geoff.
    For two of them it took forever, to the point where I gave up.

Re the fact its a scam, I don't think it is. I found out about it through various blogs and news sources, which I generally trust for all things techie. I don't think these sites would have posted the information if they thought it was a scam.

Also, I doubt Geoff would have posted a scam link.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast