iPhone 3G Resell Price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iPhone 3G Resell Price

Hello,

Does anyone know the most current price that the used cell buyers are paying for the iPhone 3G 8Gb? Also, it is locked, does that decrease the value? I will be moving to HK next month. Thanks.

according to yahoo auction, in the region of HK$2000 (local price), but if your is locked possibly less than that, you may get a slightly better price if you sell this classified or the other hk classified

[url=http://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com/search/ac?p=iphone+3g+8gb&cat=0&type=0]iphone 3g 8gb

Price is going to drop, because of the iphone 4 coming on the market shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Price is going to drop, because of the iphone 4 coming on the market shortly.
    more like the price has already dropped considerable as the iphone 4 has been announced, if fact, i believe that the value of brand new iphone 3g possibly halved since the iphone 4.0 (considering you can not official upgrade to os 4.0 - planned obsolescence) and 3gs has possible gone done 50%.

Iphone 3G can be upgraded to 4.0 but you'll only get the benefit of folders and not the multi tasking.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll sell it before I leave for 300CAD (~2200HKD)

sxc

Someone told me that the price of the 3GS has gone back up in value in the past week as you cannot buy the 3GS from Apple new anymore. So since the iPhone 4 won't release until probably end of July, there is now a 4-5 week window when you can't get a contract-free new iPhone hence price has gone up.

Don't know how true this is though.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc
    Someone told me that the price of the 3GS has gone back up in value in the past week as you cannot buy the 3GS from Apple new anymore. So since the iPhone 4 won't release until probably end of July, there is now a 4-5 week window when you can't get a contract-free new iPhone hence price has gone up.

Don't know how true this is though.
    Apple will still sell the 3gs, but an 8GB version as opposed to the 16 and 32 GB versions that are out at the moment.

iPhone 3GS are still getting nearly 4k on Yahoo auctions.. insane..

sxc

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Apple will still sell the 3gs, but an 8GB version as opposed to the 16 and 32 GB versions that are out at the moment.
    At the moment no 3GS models are available for sale. So it's not possible to buy a new iPhone from Apple directly.

Probably the 8GB 3GS will become available for sale before the iPhone 4 is released as there will be less demand for it hence more stock. This is purely speculation on my behalf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast