Blackberry

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blackberry

Having a weird reaction on the old BB.

Its a 7290
    running v4.0.35( platform 18.0.1.38)
    Crypto kernel v3.8.0.27b

I have no use for BB in China so use the handset with a China Mobile prepay Sim as a normal phone.
    Recently ( but not all the time , which is why i am confused ) I get Authorisation failures coming up when trying top make a call.
    the call code is 136 and bought in Lo Hu . been same problem in all areas of China.

Oh - I can receive incoming.

Its weird , even the China mobile peolpe don't know why and where kind enough to try it in a " normal " Mobile. The sim works fine. Just not in the BB ( sometimes ).

Tried to get an aswer out of 3 BB tech support. You can all guess the outcome of that !!
    If you need a clue then is a repetition of the words " I dont want your roaming service cos this way is cheaper"

Any info would be welcome as I cant get any usefull info from Mr Google

Regards

Thanks for the link. Looked at in detail but nothing in there that helps.

My dear Watson it is elementary -

compatibility problems between the service provider that issued the BB instrument and the service provider whose SIM card you are using.

This theory could be proved by using a local HK prepaid sim card when you are next back.

could be a manufacturing issue .... sim quality or where the phone number is stored. If its the same SIM and it fails intermittenly, your SIM socket might have a loose connection.

Question for Howard Roark
    Even Homer Simpson can work that one out for himself. So how do I modify the F**king thing to get compatability !!!!

For Disco
    The sim card issue, would , in my estimation . still be an issue . It is a problem of the sim not being seen as authorised on the China mobile system , even though it IS authorised , because I can get incoming calls.
    It has to be a particular thing with Codex on the outgoing side. So thats the info I need to get sorted. The probs with the phone, software / firmware I think , not the sim.

For Know it all
    It fails intermitently in the issue of outgoing calls, always works in other respects. doesn't crash, always has service. Also the system on the BB locks the sim in really tight, so looseness not an issue.

FOR ALL
    Appreciate you all thinking about this. If I could find a decent tech support for BB you would think it would be sorted. Its got to be something simple . Sods Law !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:

For Know it all
    It fails intermitently in the issue of outgoing calls, always works in other respects. doesn't crash, always has service. Also the system on the BB locks the sim in really tight, so looseness not an issue.

I used to support BB on the voda network back in U.K, They're a nightmare to be honest!

Oh and try cleaning the sim with a pencil eraser as the sim can sometimes get a bit dirty etc. Thats what we advised our users when I was at Orange.

The question for Jimbo

If the sim has a dirty contact issue would not the failure be a general Error Message rather than a system response message.
    The sim responds with a message when I try to transmit. NOT when I am booting / rebooting etc ( soft and hard types ).
    If it was a contact issue I would expect it to come up as a general EM.

You can take the sim out an put it in a general phone. PERFECT .
    So I really think its to do with the uplink connection of the instruction side.

Is this possibly something to do with the handheld requesting authentication from the BB server because it has current configuration even though a different SIM is inserted? I've used BB's with non BB-enabled SIMs without a problem but that is because the handheld has no current BB subscription.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast